Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Wimin and phones don't mix.
    My sister in law is bad enough just walking on the pavement.
    If she starts talking to someone either who is walking with her or on the phone she stops...just stops where she is standing!!
    She can't walk and talk at the same time.
    She turns off the phone when she is driving though

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Not illegal atm. It's a case of distraction causing her to drive without due care and attention and dangerously. I too reckon hands free should be banned. Very often see drivers in animated conversation waving their hands about and clearly not fully concentrating on driving - so not paying due care and attention. If you want to chat on the phone pull in to a lay-by or such.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    It depends on the circumstances but mobile phone use even its hands free can be illegal still
    Can’t remember the charge name.
    If something interferes with good driving practice then you can be done whatever it is.

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Roll on driverless Cars!! It’ll be great to get a full 4 hours kip while driving up the motorway rather than the 6 x 20secs worth of unintentional!!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-42237335
    Heres a guy rampaging through the street randomly assalting people who ends up killing a guy. 4 years out in 2. If thats the sentence then can I carry a night stick please

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. adethetrade

adethetrade Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    cannock
    What do people think about using helmet Bluetooth devises, phone music chat is this Ok

• Like Like x 2
  7. adethetrade

adethetrade Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    cannock
    I've got a set which lets my wife nag me when she' s on the back can I tell her it's illegal now!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Whilst going on about phones - what about cigarette use. First getting the cig then using the lighter and replacing. All take the eyes off the road. Not to forget fiddling with sat nav devices.....

9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I'm guessing the CPS thought a dangerous driving charge had more chance of success than involuntary manslaughter. The maximum sentence is 14 years so there's good reason you'd think for the CPS to appeal against the sentence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    If distracted then it's counted as dangerous driving according to the Road Traffic act. Same when tuning the radio, turning to talk to a passenger, looking at a map - anything that distracts a driver from taking due care and attention. Causing death in those circumstances carries a sentence of 1-14 years.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Heard today, police are looking into wether a wolf whistle should be made a criminal offence! Really!

12. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i tried listening to music once while riding.it definitely was a distraction for me (never mind the fact i looking weird dancing while on a bike:confused:) I've got a scala but only use it for times i need to hear sat nav directions..would never dream of getting a scala for my mrs ..she's a terrible back seat driver:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Keep us posted.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Or not! Dependant on who’s delivering:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Round our way I'm sure they sign for them before they get out of the bloody van!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Me too, half ton, never had trouble with them. I have a great woman driver, shes local and know everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Ours has been doing the same drops for years now, so he knows where to leave parcels if need be. The problem arises with new or temporary staff. So are they going to compensate you for breach of contract? The big issue now is that Amazon have given Parcel Force the boot & are trying to economise using a cheaper delivery service & as we all know, cheap isn't always good

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Don't even get me started on Yodel........

19. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Just not good enough is it? What ever happened to pride in what you do? Do a job, any job, do it well or go home!

20. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Just not good enough is it? What ever happened to pride in what you do? Do a job, any job, do it well or go home!