Rant of the day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Must admit, paying cash, I am careful, but if on the card, really don't try, 2 or 3 pence over, who gives a toss.
    Tesco pumps now have the ability to choose to put an amount in, be it litres or money. Useful option. Just choose amount before you lift the pump, otherwise it doesn't work.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Why do bike manufacturers put hard uncomfortable seats on their bikes and then offer the option of a comfort seat. Surely everyone wants the comfort seat They must know the seats are hard if they offer an optional comfort seat so why not just put the comfort seats on in the first place.
    Rant over...................

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Yet another money spinner from the sounds of it. They do a king and queen seat for my bike but it's crazy money.
    I would suggest if buying new to have a comfortable seat fitted as part of the deal .

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I take it you are now getting to know your Bonnie a bit more intimately T.C.
    Yes, the stock suspension and seats are terrible.
    I have changed my suspension front and rear which then highlights the rock hard plank of a seat.
    Great shape seat for the vertically challenged like me, but I am contemplating on fitting a gel insert into it.

5. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Bonnie??
    I have a Trophy SE (with the comfort seat), but I've test rode a couple of bikes recently where the standard seats were liking sitting on a plank of wood, but the manufacturers had optional comfort seats you could purchase at extra $$$$. I've started to realize like Wayne said its just the manufacturers trying to extract more money from buyers

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Know that feeling I'm supposed to be packing up my garage to move at the weekend ................ but its roasting here about 28c

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I have loads of random shyte in my roof space, I went up there yesterday evening and it was baking.
    I need to get it all out, sort out what is to throw, sell and keep.

Too blimmin hot up there and cramped.

Would be fun making a few quite from the car boot sales though, it's amazing what crap people sell and buy there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Also, on my commute home yesterday and 5 min from parking up a great dollop of bird crap splatters on my helmet and jacket, I am talking a table spoon full of white n grey splatter.:poop:

I reckon it was one of the Red Kite's as they are huge and I was just unlucky.
    Silver lining though, none got on my bike:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    We are roasting slowly at 36 deg. at the moment...
    I stand next to me like a ghost and watch myself lying on the sofa :confounded:

NOT my climate.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I thought everyone on the forum had at least one Bonnie ?
    Anyway, good to know it's not the only model with a plank for a seat, :weary_face:

• Like Like x 1
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Shouldn't Smilinjack be....
    Smiling Jack ?
    :p Hee hee :yum

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Ŵith you ALL THE WAY!
    I hate 'refer back' - a total tautology. The prefix 're' means 'back'. Elsewhere on here we have rights of passage (Give Way?!) as opposed to rites of passage (correct!) but you can end up being a right prig. At least no one thinks an innuendo is an Italian suppository.......?o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Ŵith you ALL THE WAY!
    I hate 'refer back' - a total tautology. The prefix 're' means 'back'. Elsewhere on here we have rights of passage (Give Way?!) as opposed to rites of passage (correct!) but you can end up being a right prig. At least no one thinks an innuendo is an Italian suppository.......?o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I've suffered from it from time to time - but trying to "catch it"...........................No thanks !!! :cold_sweat::mask::worried:o_O:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Why is it that when I'm looking at the weather on say a Tuesday and I'm going somewhere on the bike on Saturday, the weather forecast for the week end is dry and sunny. But, by Friday the forecast changes to "it's going to piss down this week end". But but but, it never happens the other way. The forecast for this week end is rain and sure as eggs is eggs that's what we'll get.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I know. I've had to buy some new water proof trousers today. It's bloody typical

17. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Don't you get a farthing a head?

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    In Germany they are called 'Zigeuner' (now non PC, since they are Sinti & Roma) and we are allowed to manufacture them into Zigeunerschnitzel (see menu no.3)...
    Just like the Schnitzelwiesel... :D
    IMG_2528.JPG

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#597 MrOrange, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
    Referred to a simply 'Gypo' s' up here. Whatever called, scum sucking lowlife thieving scumbag bastards. :mad:
    They moved into an industrial estate near my parents, used a cycle path through the estate as an open toilet, just filled it up with shit and big roll. Disgusting. Council couldn't clear it, just bought bulldozers in and buried the path. Feckin animals. :confounded:
    Residents formed a group to keep an eye on them, my dad wanted it to be called The Anti-gypo league :laughing:, the policeman in attendance said they couldn't, as it would be offensive.!!!! But shitting on a cycle path is OK !! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Our friends from the travaling community, dont you just love them,
    They always leave you a tip for letting them stay for a while
    image.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Just had a great weekend away at the GMU :) but the weather was shite:confused:
    Back at bloody work today and it's dry with sunny spells :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  22. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Sun is shining now as I look out of my office window!
    Also should have been on site at a meeting for 8.30am this morning - I wasn't!
    Shame, I could have gone on the bike!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1