Thruxton Post your Thruxton pics here

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Rob, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 100thmonkey

100thmonkey Active Member

Jun 17, 2018
    SW1A 1AA
    Seat fitted and last few bits turned dark

QB8jTCzAT8uP8r7gz0Yh%Q.jpg

fullsizeoutput_593f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_594e.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Hey Ken and Glyn,
    What would your opinion be on these, wouldn't it be nice to have removable baffles, these are only cheap ones from china, may need a better quality stainless steel but it would be good to have the choice of sound….. i think these or a similar design would fit quite nicely seeing we have two layers holes in the back of our exhausts…..and ken with your expertise you may have a better idea on modification with fixing them.also for MOTs. Any ideas/thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Pc-Univ...hash=item4b5505ed10:m:mGiUXXOVR4EFVomvDlx2-nA

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 07.59.53.png

3. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    #683 Spacefrog, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 09.02.59.png My thinking is discard the screws and fit some spring steel clips, a black outside ring added, just pop them in and pop them out…. this could be the start of a good modification and put V&H out of Bussiness. ha.

4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    My entrepreneurial days are over ;) but yes you could cut a groove on two sides of baffle & insert a circlip to retain it,I think one would have vibration / rattle issues though with no fixation at the bottom of the baffle (hence the original weld) it would be a lot easier if the exit of our cans were not recessed.

5. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Just purchase a couple of standard pipes on flee bay & fitformor if you’re worried, but ido t think you need to be

6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    If you could weld some sort of stop in place to hold the baffle from moving downwards, and cut a groove for the circlip it would work.
    But it’d be a fair job. If it works you’ll be a millionaire by next year:)

7. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    How do you know im not already….:p

8. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    or like this

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 18.31.11.png

9. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    You’ve just drilled out the old ones, what do you want new ones for?:rolleyes:

10. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    That’s the best bit about life, unless it’s your wife nobody knows,

Ken’s right though, why refit them.
    you won’t have mot problems.If they sound like mine with the baffle out, which I’d imagine they would be pretty close.
    If you decat you may need them but as is they’re not offensively loud.

11. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    I suppose its a bit of a shock to the ears to start with, and i dont need an mot for three years so its all good.
    It does sound nice now i have to say…..

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Like I said, after a few weeks of riding you’ll be left wondering why Triumph went to all that trouble making it so quiet. If HD can get away with it I’m bloody sure we can. Already spoken to my MOT Guy, he says no problem
    (Mind you it used to be my company, so I might have a bit of an advantage) :blush:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Yes Ken i think most bike mot testers are bikers, the last time i had my yamaha tested he told me that if you had an exhaust that said "not for road use" then all you do is stick a piece of tape over it and he wouldnt be allowed to take it off to read it, so hes pretty chilled out, i dont need an mot on my triumph for 3 years so it aint a problem, and as i have noticed the bike will be as noisy as you want it to be, if there was a cop behind you could easily keep it quieter.
    i have been riding my Yamaha fz6 for the last ten years which is a very quiet bike, it has the exhaust under the seat and there isnt really much choice with racing pipes, besides that the ones the were available cost an arm and a leg and didnt look very nice or rather looked a bit of an overkill.
    in my motocross days they were always strict with noise testing, i once had to repack my end pipe with lost insulation to get past scrutineering….. cant wait for the weather to improve so i can take it for a proper blast……..

14. john smith

john smith New Member

Feb 3, 2019
    North Lincs
    #694 john smith, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
  16. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    click the top link Glyn

17. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Hey Glyn and Ken , when the weather improves i will get my bike outside a do a short video of my bike started up and send you a link to view it or rather listen to my exhausts, sounds like a lion roaring.

18. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    That’s the pic from the last week, another has been added but comes up error

19. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Glad you’re pleased mate

20. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Hey Ken, rather than the black paint,ive gone for the clean look…..

IMG_1351.JPG

• Like Like x 1