Thruxton Post your Thruxton pics here

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Rob, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sat on a Thruxton today, I could be tempted if I ever get rid of my speedmaster.....
    Wessa

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    It must be totally different from the Speedmaster, but I must admit I thoroughly enjoy mine....in good weather

3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep two very different set-ups..... I just love the look of the "R" variant. Maybe one day eh.
    Wessa

4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    They’re going to start to get to the affordable age now, just keep looking

5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep .....

6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #566 Wessa, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    I did say if Dilli.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I’m only going by the fixing point, the centre line of the peg should be inline with mounting point of your exhaust.

8. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    The rear footpegs sit just above the exhaust, my mrs can touch the exhaust with her feet on the pegs, i think she does. it to keep her feet warm…….

9. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    The best way to ride a thruxton/thruxton R is as follows.

1: Go for a 25 mile ride in rain mode no matter what the weather.
    2: switch off.
    3: start bike.
    4: Ride the 25 miles home now in road mode or sport mode.(R)
    5:`Now you can fly.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Do you chaps have the Vance and Hines on your thruccies? Thoughts...?

11. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I have the Us removable baffle version on mine and I also have a set of Eu spec end cans

I can say the Us sound way better than the Eu version ( nothing to do with Brexit) but the Eu ones sound better than standard. No real performance gain just sound.

I’ve also ordered straight through downpipes and a PCV which once fitted I’ll let you know pros and cons

12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    More pipes than Popeye!!
    Mind you I’ve got 3 sets too: unamused:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    I still completely standard out the box over here Matt and totally happy with everything, if in the summer i get bored my first mod will be an xpipe, as from my understanding and research, an xpipe with standard exhausts will do more for the bikes sound and performance than V&H us spec with cat still fitted, or indeed the sound will be a little louder, from a cost point of view it will be a cheap Mod compared to the cost of V&H exhausts, and a waste of pipes that you have already paid for.

14. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    I can tell you wessa with confidance, you wont be disappointed, once owned for a couple of weeks and you get the feel of the sheer smooth power you will be kicking yourself that you didnt get one a long time ago…. it really is as nice a bike as everyone will tell you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    One of my pals has the Xpipe on standard cans and I can assure you the sound isn’t as nice as the open V&H.with the cat ...only my opinion though.
    But as always try and find someone who has it to decide yourself.

Once I’ve fitted the straight through downpipes and power commander with dyno set up.I’ll let you know if it’s worth the extra or not.

16. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I’ve only got three sets because, standard and V&H EU came as a package with the bike and the US spec V&H were a cracking deal to buy and they sound beautiful.

17. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Yes Glyn you may be right but i was talking from a cost point of view, £550 plus an hours labour charge to flash the ecu against £130 xpipe and you are done.

18. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I really don’t have a problem with x pipes but I’ve owned enough bikes to know that without a dyno run your fuelling after any exhaust work is done will be out.

I’ve also looked into the pros and cons and with a pcv and open pipes with a scavenger I have total control.and a switch and two maps installed give you fully open or baffled pipes with the correct fueling.

Not just something that may or may not suit your bike and my bike has had the flash for open pipes and runs really lean until near the redline when it switches to really rich

19. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I am selling the V&H EU spec but the US versions do sound so much better

20. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    How much do you want for them? Just to get an idea of by how much I can't afford them right now!!! haha