Newbies Have A Read!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Bad Billy, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    "Me being calm and innocent as usual"??? :rolleyes: :joy:

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I learned about biting my tongue and keeping my middle finger tucked safely in my fist when I was a bicycle racer who trained primarily on the roadway. And when I metaphorically did the math on the weight of my 15 pound bicycle compared to all the cars and trucks around me and realized it didn't really matter who was "right". I'd be on the wrong end of any altercation. Not fair but definitely safer.

"Slow down it's not a race"---OMG, that's classic, Billy! :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I think the members who stick around are the ones who honestly have something to contribute, and care. The others we probably wouldn’t want here anyway. They’re just here for a quick answer to a question then gone. Most of the time they can’t even be bothered to do a search :pensive:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I get it, Ron. Deer can be quite "motivating". ;)

5. Ozzman

Ozzman New Member

Jan 8, 2022
    Usa
    I wrote an Introduction post, but apparently it was old thread, so I’ll try again.
    Hello everyone, Ozzie from North Carolina here. I am the new proud owner of 2005 Bonneville America.This bike and I have known each other for 10 years. I watched my neighbor ride this bike for years, not as often as I would have. One day he parked the bike at the end of his driveway with a for sale sign on it.I caught him before he went to his house with the for sale sign in my hand and that was that. Unfortunately I had no idea how badly my neighbor neglected this bike. I am having a hard time finding new or used parts for his bike. So I thought I would join the forum and maybe some of you would steer me in the right direction for parts. I also have a Yamaha Raider and love anything on two wheels with an engine.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    #46 Octoberon, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    You may have done it again, @Ozzman. :D

If you click on the 'Newbies Hangout' part of the breadcrumb links...

upload_2022-1-9_1-40-58.png

...you'll see a button to the right at the top that says 'Post New Thread'. That's the one you wanted. But don't worry about it. :blush:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1