New Kid On The Block

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Poppy Baker, Jun 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Went to the Ardeche region of that France a few years ago. ('Twas a week there followed by a week in the Marne Valley). By the time we found our gite in the middle of nowhere it had reached the giddy heights of 11 deg centigrade and was pissing it down with rain!:eek: Two days later it was cracking t' flags at 38 deg C - according to the local pharmacie signs. PHEW!!:sweat:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Shamus13

Shamus13 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
    Hello & welcome

3. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Evening & thanks...friendly bunch of bikers!

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    37C is about 98F in proper temperature.......I drove into Pamplona with 104 on an electronic billboard and the fans blowing hard on a tuned 5.7 Chevy.
    The North Spanish coast and mountain region is fantastic touring country. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    I can't deny the heat will be exhausting but it will be amazing, we travelled all through France last year & that reached some high temps. I just adore the roads, quite amazing & empty......
    Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  6. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Welcome Poppy!

Great choice of bike AND holiday destination :)

You most likely will pass through my beautiful country as well. Are you going to be on 'fast Autobahn transit'?
    If not, I'd always be glad to help out with nice routes off the beaten track...

I hope, you enjoy the forum!

Cheers, Daniel

• Like Like x 1
  7. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Thanks for the message and yes, enjoying the forum, I have to compete with a Dad who rides a BMW GS but it's the Triumoh every time that gets attention!
    As the the tour, we are coming into Santandar, heading to Potes, 4 days there before heading to Alfaro for a in nighter before staying near a lovely B&B nr Huesca. The last leg is back towards San Seb....4 places over 2 weeks. We have a route via Google & will suss things from there...unless you can give some additional suggestions?
    We're taking in Pamplona for the bull run & have friends who live just over the border in France.
    Last year was our 1st attempt touring and it was amazing in France...so Spian this year, Italy next.
    I need more time off work! Lol
    Our group consists of moi, the GS, a Moto Guz Bellagio and a Fatbob....such a laugh. Dad is 77 & by far the best rider (hate to admit it) & naturally his daughter is a very close 2nd....
    Our aim is to find rural destinations, nice roads and stunning scenery.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    (My typing is dire?)

9. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Hey members..I have just another but what the best way to load up pics? Want to suss a gallery & can't see the upload other than below each post...is that the way?
    Thanks

10. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Hey members..I have just asked another but what is the best way to load up pics? Want to suss a gallery & can't see the upload option other than below each post...is that the way?
    Thanks

11. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Yep bottom of post it says upload a file, other than that go into the gallery section to leave pictures of bike/s

• Like Like x 1
  12. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Oh Poppy, I shouldn't have slept through geography lessons...
    When I dozed away the teacher just said something about Warsaw. When I awoke, he was droning on about Katowice.
    Guess, I missed the essentials o_O

You won't hit Germany on your tour, of course, going through France.
    Anyway, I cannot help with northern Spain. Never been there.

Sorry for confusion, but in this forum, that was just the beginning...:mask::D;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    We stayed just outside Potes last year.
    Have a look at Fuenta De,have a trip in the cable car if you've got time.
    The N621 to Riano is a must.
    Not sure of your route to Huesca but if you get a chance the Bardenas Reales is worth a look.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome into the forum. You will love northern Spain, I've just returned from there, but was cruising on a big ship and not the bike:):):).
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  15. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    I've heard about the cable car, thanks for the suggestions!

16. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Great bike and a lovely part of the country to be in - regular visitor from nearby Hampshire.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Welcome Poppy. The SE is a cracking bike - I've loved mine since I bought it near two years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Thank you Rich & yes, it ticks all the boxes. Off to get the Avons fitted this morning, a good excuse as any for a ride this afternoon

19. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #39 Havit, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Hi poppy, us blokes like accessories too:Dand shopping.........and girls :p.
    So you'll enjoy it on here. Glad to see you on board. :grinning:Safe riding :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Poppy Baker

Poppy Baker Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Dorset
    Well there's a relief, someone to talk retail therapy with ! ;)
    Tell me.....do you find your knicker line chafes on long journeys? Perhaps the answer is going commando?
    Have a great day

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1