Featured My Run Roon Scotland

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by MrOrange, Apr 4, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

upload_2016-4-6_20-29-12.png

Next one planned & accomodation booked, 2nd week in July. 742 Miles around Ireland in 4 days.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):);):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Like Like x 3
  2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    My God !!!! I dont know the route but I reckon its probably beautiful, BUT 742 mile in 4 days I would hope your spoiling the missus for the other 3 days !!!!! Shes either as mad about biking as you are or just says YES to everything you wanna Do to do to do Ron Ron to do Ron Ron. Ha HA
    (Sorry i'll get me coat on the way oot !!! )

3. Wide

Wide Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Cardiff
    Great write up... slightly mad to want to do it in that weather, but great effort

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Can easily do 200 miles a day. Average 40 mph and it's only 5 hours riding out of an 8 hour day. One day is 250 miles but 75 will be motorway at the end of the day to our overnight stop.
    Oh, and don't forget the additional 100 miles this side of the water, so will be around 840 all in!!! :)

5. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Then theres all them stops to take pictures of beautiful scenery and the america placed neatly in the shot, them sneaky cleaning stops
    you make so its looking its best, I still think your lucky to have a missus that wants to spend 6hrs of an 8 hour day in all weathers on a bike saddle
    not to mention the frightening bits and front end slides !!!!! lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

New rubber will be fitted before Ireland!!!

But yes, I am a lucky boy ;)

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Brilliant write up of your adventurous trip in very poor weather - good photos too.
    Well done to the both of you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Ron you've made me want to do a wee trip with the misses,so i've decided to do the NC500 later in the year with her either aug/sept :D:D..not sure if i'll be posting any photos up as i will be taking the H**ley!:oops:, i don't think she would enjoy it as much on the speedie :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I'd have to add on 15 mins for every hours riding for a pee stop!:oops:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    What tyres are you thinking about fitting? ……...I need some new tyres for my Speedmaster

11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Avon Cobra's seem like the most likely purchase. It was those or Michelin Commander II's, and from the response on a Triumph cruiser facebook group, Avon's seem the most popular, plus they get nearly 2mm more tread depth (on the rear tyre) to start with. Used to run Avon Storms on the SV, liked them, so gonna give the Cobra's a go.

I try to avoid most of the wet weather, but when you've booked to go away, not much choice having to ride in the wet, so think I'll just dodge the worst of the rain and get a nice new set of rubber for our jollies :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Thanks for the info. So I assume that Avon Cobras and Michelin Commanders are good in the wet and dry?

13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Can't say, not experienced either. But believe they are. I find Metz marathon bloody awful, so got to better. According to opinions on triumph FB page, much better.

14. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Thanks for that. I think I'll take a look at them and will probably replace with either one or the other.
    Cheers!!

• Like Like x 1