Looking For My First Triumph

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Oldyam, May 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    The wire spoke wheel Bonnies have 19" wheels as opposed to the cast wheels at 17" which makes a big difference for rider height.
    The seats are also sculpted differently making the thinner seat a bloody hard ride but nice and low down for short arses like me.
    You can upgrade the seat and the suspension to suit your height.
    Great bikes to ride.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Harvey

Harvey New Member

May 18, 2017
    Rayleigh UK
    Agree with this test rode a cast wheel and a T100 Bonnie. Liked the handling of the cast wheel more. Very uncomfortable after more than 40 miles though. Bit like the bikes I used to ride in the 80's but more reliable.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    A lot of the discomfort comes from the OEM suspension, back and front.
    I changed mine to Hagon and the ride was massively improved.
    Once that was done it highlighted the hard seat which I may change yet for a gel one.

4. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Thanks for that info @MickEng & @Harvey as that is looking more and more like the route I am going to have to take.
    Did either of you guys find a solution to the discomfort issue ? seat upgrade ? or recover with better foam or gel insert ? asI had this sort of issue with the beemer initially but a few mods to seat orientation resolved most of that ( the seat nose was tilted down )

5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Suspension upgrade to progressive springs first job, tell the supplier, Hagon, TEC, whoever, your weight, riding style, pillion etc. and they will match the suspension to your needs.

6. Harvey

Harvey New Member

May 18, 2017
    Rayleigh UK
    My solution was get wiped out by a Jeep and replace with a Thunderbird with the compensation. Wouldnt recommend it because it hurts. If I kept the Bonnie was going to go to Sussex motorcycles and have the seat rebuilt.

7. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    I'll go the seat rebuild route ....... sounds less painful :( and I don't bounce like I used to:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Harvey

Harvey New Member

May 18, 2017
    Rayleigh UK
    Was the reason I stopped riding 15 years ago. Didn't hurt any less on my less than perfect return. At least this one wasn't my fault as youthful enthusiasm has long since departed.

9. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Hello Oldyham!

I am more or less @littleade 's counterpart: being German, but riding a British bike :D
    A T120 it is and you are right: if the seating position were any more relaxed, I'd be falling asleep. Especially with cruise control engaged :rolleyes:
    Gorgeous machine. I really cannot find a fault with it so far. (Oh, there is one: The mirrors only show the patches on your B2 flight crew jacket :p) But if I hold my breath, I can see past it!

Enjoy the asylum and always be on good terms with nursey!:yum

Cheers, Daniel!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth

Hhaaaaaarrrgggg THE TEEEEEMPTAAATIONNNN.....:no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::skull::skull:

IMG_0638.JPG

11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek:WTF is that?????

• Like Like x 1
  12. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    It's a GEHEIMWAFFE!!!
    They are testriding it east of Warsaw right now!
    It is called NEIN T! ( Which means 'Say no to Triumph') Evil bastards! But we'll show them! :imp:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I'm gonna have to learn German aren't I........nah!.....
    Can't be arsed:p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Winglad

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Oh, komm on!
    Es ist really easy!
    And once Du hast learned it....
    ...I inwite you to my speshall training kamp!
    You get to wear brown shorts and black boots and you learn to kick in doors all day long!
    Id iss sso viel fun!
    :dizzy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Ha! Kicking in doors is a favourite pastime of mine :rolleyes: I could be an instructor :p
    Dunno about the brown shorts though :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1