Featured Last Minute Decision For A Ride.

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Glenn2926, May 2, 2024.

1. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Lovely day, day off. Play out!! IMG_2611.jpeg IMG_2612.jpeg IMG_2613.jpeg IMG_2614.jpeg IMG_2617.jpeg IMG_2616.jpeg IMG_2618.jpeg
    Along the Roman road toward Kirby Malzeard, Masham for a rather good sausage and tomato butty, Leyburn, Kidstones, view of Buckden Pike and back down Airedale.
    Just me, on my own. I do sometimes like to ride alone.
    Just got to clean it now.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    How do you get on cleaning the tubeless rims? I find them quite a faff after the normal tubed rims of the Street Scrambler, plus the matt textured finish doesn't wipe clean as easily.

3. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    I’ve had tubed and tubeless wheels. The fact they are tubeless or have tubes doesn’t seem to make any difference to cleaning them. The spokes are the bugger to clean. My old GS with cast wheels was certainly easier as was my Blackbird. Tubeless or tubed don’t seem any different re cleaning and I would much rather have tubeless as they’re much easier to fix a puncture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I find the spoke arrangement on the tubed wheels much easier to clean round as opposed to the side lacing of the tubeless type. Cast alloys are usually much easier, some more than others as they have far fewer nooks and crannies, especially if they have a gloss finish.