Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    The people of the little town of Muiden where I used to live have erected a monument for the crew of a Handley Page Halifax JB803, that crashed on May 1st, 1943. All crewmembers perished. They're all buried in the local cemetary, and are remembered each year on May 4th, our remembrance day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    You've got to hand it to the Dutch, along with many others on the continent, they really do, never forget.
    :heart::heart:.
    Nice one Vulpes. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    I'm in France at the moment, and I paid my respects to my great uncle killed in WW1. I placed my poppy at the base of his headstone.
    IMG_20240717_160055071_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 4
  4. ajc400

ajc400 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2024
    Glasgow
    Just saw Fly Me To The Moon (it's a dull damp day here!) - entertaining enough summer popcorn movie, with that same brightly coloured image of the 60's as Hidden Figures.

Not the worst film I've seen this year (err, Ghostbusters Frozen Empire?), but there are so few non-superhero non-woke movies these days that you've just got to go when you can!!

Twisters next week!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. ajc400

ajc400 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2024
    Glasgow
    Just saw Twisters - a really enjoyable summer blockbuster. Obviously loads of special effects, so it was good to see it on the big screen.

6. ajc400

ajc400 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2024
    Glasgow
    It's raining, so went to an afternoon showing of Trap - a so-so thriller, with too much "Taylor Swift-alike" concert storyline, more than you might think from the trailer, but Josh Hartnett is very good and can switch from doting Dad to psycho nutter in the blink of an eye.

7. Fartomany

Fartomany New Member

Jun 29, 2024
    CHCH NZ
    Woke up in the lazy boy ? the other night to find ' Resevoir Dogs" happened to be on TV, still good for the odd laugh .... and cringe ! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ajc400

ajc400 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2024
    Glasgow
    It Ends With Us...... argh, chick flick! I hope I got points for going to see it with my better half!

Having said that, at least I got all the way through.... tried to watch The Free Guy on TV recently, gave up after 1/2hr of techy rubbish!! :worried:

9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    We watched Horizon two evenings ago and were fairly disappointed. It seemed to meander around and it also seemed like it tried to hard to be an "epic Western". Hopefully Part 2 will be better.

10. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Felt a bit like a prologue to me...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ajc400

ajc400 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2024
    Glasgow
    I enjoyed it, but I believe Part 2 is going straight to Netflix or some other streaming service. Shame, I would like to see all the parts on the big screen.