Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Just watched "Wandering Earth" on netflix. Might need to watch it again, as its subtitled, but cracking action.

As ever with subtitles, some of the phrasing is hilarious. When was the last time you heard anybody say "Oh! My gosh". :)

Good film though, worth a punt.

2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Venom.

Lot better than all the negative reviews would have you believe. Not brilliant, but still worth a watch (cheap on dvd at the supermarket).
    Not the biggest fan of TomHardy, but he didn't do his usual mumbled delivery, so that was a positive. Pretty formulaic superhero movie, with the anti-hero twist, few laughs along the way, so makes a decent watch.
    1 3/4 hrs not over'lly long, could have explored the Venom character further at the end.

3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Dirty Grandpa - watched it again recently as it's been out a while, had me laughing out loud at times, was well worth another watch, if you haven't seen it, give it a go.

4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Watch the same film whilst on a cruise the other week.

Although we knew the outcome it was still a good film.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #585 Sprinter, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    @thebiglad There's a sequel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just finished watching this and it's brill. "The boat that rocked" set in the 60's and 70's UK pirate radio - great music great story. Feel good movie.

7. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Sprinter, do you know the exact name for the sequel, so I can search for it ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    2:):)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Looks like this could be a good film to look out for

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I had some time to kill yesterday afternoon and watched Coogan's bluff. An old Clint Eastwood flick from 1967. At the end was the chase scene between to lovely Bonnies. Hated the end when they came together and went down. My how time, and movies have changed.

12. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Watched "FREE SOLO" a couple of nights ago. It's a 'movie documentary' about an American free solo climber who works towards his decision to climb El Capitan in Yosemite without ropes or support gear!

As a documentary you'd expect it to be a bit short of "action" or tension and, for the most part, you'd be right, but it is a fantastic watch with the kind of tension in the last 15 or 20 minutes that could get you averting your gaze!

If you suffer from even the mildest form acrophobia or fear of hights then I'd advise against it, but if you have any form of respect, envy or admiration for an adventurist's achievements of the extreme kind, then it is a great watch.

p.s. the film was on Channel 4, I think, so there may be a 'replay' facility?

• Like Like x 1
  13. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Thanks mate, that looks another corker !!!

14. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

The Son season 2.

15. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just watched this and it was BRILLIANT !!!! 2019 film "Polar" a Netflix special.

What a corker !!

• Like Like x 1
  16. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Yeah, Polar is pretty good take on the graphic novel genre... sexy, bloody and innovative... the only bit letting it down was the head villain (Matt Lucas) had no real menace like, say Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) in Inglorious Basterds or Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter... in my opinion anyway. Anyway, if you liked this, you might like the Netflix series Altered Carbon... I thought it was awesome!

I’ve just watched the series Manhunt: Unabomber... I quite enjoyed this, sympathetic and even handed in the character portrayals... fascinating insight into the efforts taken to resolve the case... how much is accurate, I’m unsure, but it feels pretty real! Well worth the time investment to get the series watched

• Like Like x 2
  17. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Watched an old Ealing film yesterday, "Barnacle Bill" with Alec Guinness. 1957... Not seen it for about 30 years. Again, how times have changed...

It's about a seasick naval captain that buys a pier. It's a bit Passport to Pimlico in some respects, but Hey, I enjoyed it :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I watched the U.S. Army Air Force propaganda film about the Memphis Belle. It was on for Memorial Day holiday. I've seen the movie several times but never the actual film. Mixed emotions, Happy, Sad, and respectfully done. I enjoyed the visit from the King and Queen after they completed their 25th mission!

• Like Like x 1
  19. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Deadwood: The Movie’: A Proper F-ckin’ Farewell for TV’s Unfinished Masterpiece

• Like Like x 1
  20. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just watched "Ike : Operation Overlord" with Tom Sellek playing the lead role.

Very well made and really gave a great feel for all the different strains and responsibilities forced on Ike.

• Agree Agree x 1