Last film you watched.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OnlySon, Sep 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I absolutely hated it !!!! One of the worst films since Mars Attack !!!
    Think I lasted 1/2 hour, and by then there wasn't even any storyline, just a bunch of clips of cars, max didn't say 1 word and some guy on drugs doing a poor impression of Andy Serkis !

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: on the Turd rating.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Watched The Judge with Robert Downey Jr and Robert 'love the smell of naphalm' Duvall. Bit of a predictable story line, prodigal son returning and all that, but worth a watch. Bit of a slow burner and fairly long, but is worth the effort to get thru' the slow bits. Is currently free on Amazon Prime.:cool:

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Watched a lovely film last night - "Good morning, England" - a film about pirate radio in the 60's.

Excellent cast and a real "feel-good" film.

• Like Like x 1
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Watched "Allied" last night. Somebody on here recommended it a while a go so I got hold of a copy then forgot about it. Nearly binned it after half an hour but stuck with it. Glad I did. Really enjoyed it in the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Kingpin

Great comedy about bowling with Woody Harleson & Bill Murray... laugh out loud funny in places

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Teaching my 13 year old boy about classic movies... tonight, The Matrix!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    #286 Andy-K2, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    That was a killer film, especially when his rent was due, nearly killed me laughing.

For me it was Hacksaw Ridge, one of the very best war films I have seen in my lifetime, a true story relating to a conscientious objector earning the Congressional Medal of Honour for his part in WW2.

Truly spectacular and worth the time and effort to watch
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2119532/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just watched it Andy - good film.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Dunkirk.

Imaging stretching the 20minute sequence on the beach from Saving Ryan's Privates, to about an hour and a half!!

That's Dunkirk.

Very little story, not much chance for actors to act, as there is very little dialogue. Some of the noise is oppressive, just a metallic buzzing sound relentlessly going on, don't know why?

I know Dunkirk was no seaside holiday, but it is just a relentless downbeat movie, with very little to make you cheer at any point.

6/10, wait for it on TV, when you can stop it and look at pictures of some cute cats at least every 1/2 hour.!!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I thought the Saving Private Ryan beech scene was amazing when I first saw it... dunno about an hour n half of it thought

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

It wasn't as good as the actual SPR scene, but just that relentless beach based shooting and explosions type thing!!! :confused:

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Personally I thought Hacksaw Ridge was a better film than SPR or Dunkirk, particularly as it was based on an individuals true story

12. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    aqree my mrs was bored rigid and kept looking at her watch:neutral:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

My Mrs actually enjoyed it more, but only because her Grandfather was on Dunkirk, and she liked to see what he had had to live through. I just saw it as entertainment, which it was, only just.

I looked at my watch a few times, even tho the run time is only 106 minutes long.:neutral:

14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Unlocked........Great film

15. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Anyone with Netflix Watch Message from the King. Good twist at the end . you wont be disappointed;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  16. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Just rewatched Day of the Jackal... showing its age, but still a great film

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#297 MrOrange, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
    Currently watching Exodus :God's and King's.
    What a pile of pish. Like a poor remake of Gladiator by the same director. Two half brothers fall out after father dies, blah, blah, blah. Big jumps in time. Simple plot you all know too well. Why bother?. Dodgy casting - not one even remotely Egyptian. Joel edger ton is great as a Boston cop, but a pharaoh! And Sigourney weaver as his mum? Strange.
    CGI is more important than plot, or so Hollywood has us believe.
    Go watch life of brian.

18. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Great film... swipes at everyone! :joy:

IMG_5477.GIF

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Screenshot_20170908-171435.jpg
    WTF?

Can't recommend it, but that is one weird shit film. If you like your cinematic experience different, you'll like this.

20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Watched it the other day. It's different!

• Agree Agree x 1