Insurance Renewal

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dave61, Aug 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I was forced to cancel my Hasting policy because they refuse to insure any bike with anything regarded as a performance upgrade. In my case it was an aftermarket exhaust, but I guess that would also be applicable to a quick shifter, power booster, or possibly even rejetted carbs etc. So be wary, and be honest when specifying any modifications, otherwise if the worst happened they may not pay out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Never pay anything for legal protection btw, it is pointless and it literally costs the insurers nothing as the law firms (ambulance chasers) are always looking for victims they can persuade to instruct them to sue the third party insurer. I used to work for a motor claims management business and we were getting all the legal calls handled for free AND paid £400 a case referral fee from the lawyers, while the insurers were charging the policyholders £10 - £25 for the hell of it.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Legal protection in both cases was included with the basic policy but I did add personal injury. :cool:

4. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Renewal time for insurance coming up soon (presently with Hastings) but now the Speed Twin has upgraded suspension finding it impossible to get a sensible quote. Its not as if I am riding any faster because of the changes its just so I can stay on the seat when I hit a bump!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Well that puts the new shocks idea for my Street Twin on the back burner! Been meaning to measure my sags following the method shared by Bad Billy for a while, it doesn't ride bumps well. Now it seems time to visit an expert and see if they have any tricks to adjust it rather than get upgrades.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rossco196x

Rossco196x Member

May 12, 2019
    Gosport
    Just retaxed my T595 and was looking on line for a new oil filter so logged into the forum and was horrified to read about the K&N filter failures.

Keeping on thread i will also have my insurance renewal coming up so was hoping to find a multibike policy for the T595 and my Honda Blackbird.

Last years renewal on the T595 was under £100 but assume they will try to hike the price again this year. Any advice on multi bike policy would be great.