I'm Going To Be Banned From Octoberons Forum

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andypandy, Jun 15, 2023.

1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Ah, I see. The content is in my first post on this thread, i.e.
    "Well it seems I’m going to be banned. Saul doesn’t like what I have to say and he doesn’t like me defending myself in private messages between the two of us. It’s his forum so he can decide what we are allowed to say. No doubt he will remove this post. Maybe he will tell you all what it’s like to be so weak a person as to be hurt by mere words. I hope some of you get to read this post."

I posted the above just before he banned me. A few minutes after I posted it, I noticed it had been viewed four times. He removed it soon after.

2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Lol. Sorry, I can't remember the joke now. Probably not funny anyway except me but I know it certainly was not woke, not my style. It just seemed that certain people could post what they like....others not so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    This is all very reminiscent of what happened to me as a member of TOMCC. Their forum is moderated by one person. The same person owns the company that designed and developed the TOMCC website. This person gives up an inordinate amount of his time on TOMCC business and as far as the rest of the committee are concerned he walks on water, fearful that he might take his ball home if someone upsets him. Deleting posts and PMs reprimanding one are used without recourse. The club didn’t even have a complaints procedure or forum misuse procedure until I raised the issues as part of my run in with this person

Well someone did upset him, two of us actually. The committee, in their infinite wisdom, decided that my continued challenge of his unilateral moderation, without recourse, of the forum was vindictive and voted to rescind my membership of the club.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Petrolhead67

Petrolhead67 Active Member

Feb 25, 2023
    UK
    Hi Steve, I clicked Andy's link & got the same message. But if you click the individual subheadings they all work & the forum is still live.
    Are the majority of forum members on there people who were banned from here?

5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Nope not at all!! A few years ago it turned very sour on here and this forum nearly sunk, many fell out but Wayne saved the day by helping out and learning to steer good again. ‘Triumph forum’ was set up in case this ceased to operate but it didn’t and that’s why there’s the other one. It’s not a bad forum

• Like Like x 3
  6. Petrolhead67

Petrolhead67 Active Member

Feb 25, 2023
    UK
    After a quick mooch around on there I can see what you mean. I saw loads of the same names that are being used on here! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ajc400

ajc400 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2024
    Glasgow
    Saw a few people banned from a Honda forum.... it's usually posts on politics, prejudice or good old fashioned sex!

I'm on both forums so I'll watch what I say!!

• Like Like x 1