How Long??!!!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Herman66, Mar 3, 2020.

1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

GB=Great Bike :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Lets hope so mate!!,
    From what I was told on the phone it takes about 2 months to get a shipment of triumphs ready and loaded on the ship and over to here. They are then sent out to one of two places to be checked and sorted to whichever dealer. He did mention that there was a large shipment of Rocket 3s that had to go back due to quality issues and that might have held things up. Hope thats not your bike holding things up @dilligaf !..have you got yours yet dilligaf?

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Not mine mate :grinning:
    Got it last Sunday :grinning:
    Did 150miles today :p

• Like Like x 2
  4. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Glad to hear it mate, bet it didn't take very long to do that 150 on that beast!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    @dilligaf how long did you have to wait dilligaf before you got the bike?

6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Months and months :sob:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Just a thought, but might the Corona virus be delaying things.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Yes, I did ask about that but was told not a problem...hope it doesn't smell of antiseptic when I get it! ..mind you the time it is taking there is no fear of transmission... I have been waiting since January 18th so hoping to dodge Brexititus and C.V...

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Ok I just googled shipping from Thailand to the U.K and it says 45 to 49 days, so if we call it 50 that's just over 7 weeks..so my bike should be due...I live in hope.....

• Like Like x 2
  10. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    I wouldn't hold your breath Herman.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

That’s the spirit mate :p

• Like Like x 2
  12. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Yes, busy prioritising other customers/potential orders over you, a real customer with a reasonable question. Saying they have been very busy is really a bit of an insult but happens all the time. I bought a new car in 2009 and they forgot to tell me it hadn’t arrived on the date arranged to pick it up. The look on the salesman’s face was priceless... they paid up for all the admin fees for having swapped my insurance etc, gave me quite an expensive upgrade pack and offered to buy my wife and I an expensive lunch... however they were completely unable to find out whether my car was still being built in Sweden, on the North Sea or in the UK and had no idea when it would arrive... which it did eventually about 3 weeks later... you’d have thought tracking tech would have improved since then so fingers crossed your bike is very due any day

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Thanks @cliverdee...
    I popped into the showroom today on the way back from a job and to be honest both salesmen did try to give me some answers...but all they could really tell me is that 150 plus bikes are due out for delivery tomorrow. I just have to hope mine is one of them.
    Wish they were made in the U.K still....The system Triumph are using seems over complicated..there are third and even forth parties involved in the logistics of getting that bike to your dealership even once it is in this country.
    And nobody seems to know what code means what.
    The dealership will get one or two days notice on a delivery but will only know what is coming if they make in depth enquiries....
    Ho hum...gotta keep positive on this one...at least they are trying and explained the situation to me.

• Like Like x 3
  14. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Ya, keep cool.. they’re doing their best and it’s always best to keep a good relationship with the dealers... when I went to collect my new bike last year it was a complete fiasco... totally their fault as they hadn’t adequately prepped the bike nor transferred many of the accessories from my trade in bike... I was so cross but calmed down (after a few weeks) as they went out of their way both financially and in re engaging the customer relationship to make me happy to still go there and possibly buy a new bike at some point. Keeping a good relationship with the dealer makes biking fun for us and them so your dealer is likely doing their best for all their customers... due to financial reasons my local one was forced to lose key staff both in the workshop & the customer service team and my experience was a direct result of those cuts. We’re all good pals again now !

• Like Like x 2
  15. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    From what I can gather, they order a few bikes 5 to 6 months in advance, ghost orders if you like, in the hope that when a real order comes in the bike is on its way.
    I was told that they dont sell many (Speedmasters) in Winter, (more Tigers) and so mine, a black and white one, had to be ordered in from Thailand.
    I am sure there is some truth in this although how much I am not sure. I ordered a new HD Sportster once that had to be shipped from the States and that took about 2 months from what I remember so its not just Triumph..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    There's hope Herman, Davidw has just picked his bike up what sounds like on time. Perhaps yours was on the same ship. fingers crossed :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    No hope I'm afraid @Easy Tiger! When I went in to the dealership on Monday afternoon I was told that 150 bikes were ready to go out and they would have more information on mine by 3.00pm Tuesday. After hearing nothing I phone my dealer and he tells me that my bike is not among them. He said there are 3 black & white Speedmasters 'out there' (with other dealers basically), 2 are already sold and the other one the dealer doesn't want to let it go because he knows everyone wants it. WTF??
    He says I am going to have to wait another 4 or 5 weeks as there is a problem at the factory and that's all they have been told.
    He offered me my Harley back and a refund of my £6 grand deposit if I want.
    I am very tempted to take him up on his offer...

18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:(That’s what I had to do while waiting for my Rocket :mad:
    I took my Speedmaster back so I could use it and the dealer said he would honour the deal when it comes in :)
    Which he did :grinning:
    Didn’t have 6k in it though :confused:
    See if he’ll be prepared to do this but get your money back and tell him you’ll put it back in when your bike turns up :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    Sound advice @dilligaf , think I will have a think about this overnight.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Herman66

Herman66 Active Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Dorset, U.K
    @dilligaf ...Wow...my dealer just rang me and said that he has found me a bike for next week!!...he said he rang around everyone and begged!!
    Guess it pays to hassle sometimes!!...
    I thanked him for going the extra mile!!
    my day just got a while lot better...

• Like Like x 9