Garmon Zumo 340LM at Aldi

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by MrOrange, Sep 2, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Don't ever forget to switch it off when you are finished using it if you connect it this way.

Better if you can wire it to a switched live instead (maybe the headlight)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I looked on Aldi's website a few days ago to see if they had any available locally and along side a picture of the Zumo was a message "We're sorry but this item is no longer available" :(

This morning I had to call into my local chemist and opposite is a Aldi's store, so in I go, low and behold they've got 2 in a glass case:) but the price has gone up to £199:(.

I'm not desperate for one but would have purchased one at the cheaper price.

Dave.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You sure it's not the caravan one? Seriously!!!! Which route to take to piss all other road users off mode?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Nope they're the real deal Crispey.
    Just what ever bikers needs which is OK but as I'm old fashioned I'm a motorcyclist so do I really need one :cool::)

Dave.

5. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Mine was the last one at Old Trafford Aldi and it was pointed out it had a discount on it. I find it a faff when reading maps to have to stop, put on glasses etc, not like the old days when I toured a large part of Europe with a map in a tank bag. At that price I thought it would be worth a shot and as its not easily interchangeable it will only be used on Tracey and Doris will be used for magical mystery tours.

6. mentalist

mentalist Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    wigan
    That's the one I bought from Aldi a few months ago, I'm sure I paid a little more than that for it though, must have been reduced again, good find. It's not a bad unit. I used mine to tour Ireland last month and get me to the Ulster GP. Its good value for money, robust and water proof, but best of all you can use it with your gloves on.

7. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Charged mine, downloaded maps, put it back in box!! Haven't had time to set power cable up. Those little contacts don't look like they'll last??

8. mentalist

mentalist Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    wigan
    battery last quite a long time, without being connected to a permanent live, I also like the fuel gauge on the sat nav, seeing as my bike I use it on doesn't have one.