Featured For Sale - 2010 Sprint St1050

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Jimbo1950, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Jimbo1950

Jimbo1950 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    I am reluctantly having to put my Sprint ST 1050 up for sale as my creaky old back is protesting whenever I ride it. I'm showing my age! It's a lovely bike to ride and I wouldn't be looking to sell it if it weren't for my back problem.
    The Sprint was first registered on 15/04/2010, I am only the second owner, the current mileage is 11,853 and the bike comes with both keys and user manual.

I've put it onto a bespoke registration number ST10SOL which I like to think looks like ST1050, pity about the final "L".

The MoT test is next due in January, and the annual service is due in February next year.

When I bought the bike from there was no service record included so I had the bike thoroughly checked over and serviced by the workshop here in the Scottish Borders who look after all my bikes (I have 5 Triumphs).

The MoT mileage history shows that the bike had covered 8,867 miles in April 2019, and when I bought it in January this year the mileage was only 9,589, so the bike had covered just 722 miles in 4 years. I've done 2,264 trouble-free miles on it since.

I've had a number of upgrades and alterations done professionally:
    • Lowered at the rear 40 mm (Lust Racing kit) & currently fitted with 25 mm lower rider foot pegs. The pegs can also be set at 40 mm lower but I find 25 mm is about right for me. The OE shock mount & pegs will be included with the sale so it can be restored to stock if desired.
    • New Michelin Road 6 tyres fitted about 1,800 miles ago.
    • Fitted with R&G crash bungs (set of 4), front fork sliders, heated grips & radiator guard; Scottoiler vSystem; GiPro gear position indicator; Ion tank bag ring (bag not included); Garmin satnav cable (cradle & satnav not included); Powerbronze gloss black rear hugger; Optimate charger cable.
    Also included in the sale price will be a single-sided rear paddock stand, a spare seat and genuine Triumph hard panniers with colour-matched panels.

The price will be negotiable to some extent but I'm looking for in the region of £3,450.

The bike is located in the Scottish Borders, south of Edinburgh.

Please contact me via this forum if you're interested in the bike. Sprint#1.jpg Sprint#3.jpg Sprint#4.jpg Sprint#5.jpg Sprint#6.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. MightyBoosh

MightyBoosh Member

Mar 29, 2023
    Uk
    Superb bike, I wish you well with the sale. If you'd been nearer I might have got tempted....I had to sell mine due to a change in circumstance and it still upsets me! Liked the touch in the photo with the clock too, hope that was intentional. GLWTS

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jimbo1950

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    Good spot, I never noticed the time, purely a happy coincidence!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Beautiful bike, @Jimbo1950. I'm sorry you're in a position to have to sell it. I hope you are able to sell it and that it goes to a good home with a new owner who will care for and appreciate it as you do!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jimbo1950

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    I should have updated this thread sooner as I sold the bike on 13th March to a fellow Triumph enthusiast down in England. So a happy ending, hopefully for both of us. But, being a sucker for punishment, I'm now trying to stop myself fancying one of the new Daytona 660's. I should have learnt by now that my sportsbike days are long gone but I can't help myself!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ummm, some of us can relate… ;):joy:

• Like Like x 1