Firing. Suzuki Gs750 Answers Please. And New Problems,also.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SprinterII, May 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Just a little tip you may already know
    The air box is a pain to remove refit if you remove the clutch cable the carbs and airbox can be removed as one unit

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland

Thank you very helpful.

3. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    #23 SprinterII, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Flooding may be happening, ( I could be wrong), by a poor firing on three caused in turn, by an air leak making the firing lean, and so unspent fuel increases oil level.
    The cylinder does get warm, I considered this heat residual, perhaps it is firing, only, poorly. What do you think?
    This may be cause by the poor condition of the inlet rubber.

Another possible solution, is that float needle has a black tint to it and the others dont, although no marks or roughness to indicate sticking.

I have some o rings for the inlet rubbers and will try these tomorrow I have re cleaned carb 3 again, ( 3rd time), and have never found anything. It could be, I not cleaning deep enough,( ie choke plunger) I dont know.

All / any, thoughts appreciated, thanks.

4. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    The float works fine, no leaks I set it on the bench with the rest.

5. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    Although the vacuum works on the tank one way.
    On the carbs its possible to blow in so I will block these .
    The is a train of thought that says these should be fitted with tubes and located over the airbox and in to the bracket at the back to end up by the swing arm.
    Opinion seems divided.

6. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    I have broken down all parts of the carbs completely to its component parts.

I have sealed the inlet rubbers to the head with new o-rings.
    Next this afternoon, I will re-block the carbs and test by connecting to fuel and leaving to check for float failures. @Sandi T. Little by little.:)

• Like Like x 2
  7. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland

Stone cold and not quite off the choke not set the throttle yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    “Little by little” is my middle by middle name these days, @SprinterII! ;):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    IMG_20200518_162216516_HDR.jpg So I o ringed the inlet rubbers, found a loose coil connection, and it nows runs on all 4 evenly, thanks for your help people.

• Like Like x 4
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Looking good James :cool:

do I recognise that place from a lottery advert :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    #31 SprinterII, May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Unfortunatly Im not out of the woods yet. When I had the clutch cover off for a new gasket I had the clutch cable hosing off on the other side. In my wisdom I decided to put that back on so as to check the clutch movement before fastening it up.

When I put on the gear lever, I pushed on the gear selector shaft, to far,not realising it was the clutch cover that stops it coming through) and the selector drum came out of position on the other side behind clutch basket.

20200505_133006.thumb.jpg.08708a096775b7d110339fc6a10883fc.jpg

It should look like this

3B75AC1B-51EE-491D-9591-D391F9F90E34.thumb.jpeg.61b11486b16a898d8ba4afdf2325dcd1.jpeg
    I worked away at the gear lever as you do and when I saw what had happened I popped it back in, blind by feel. and now I can only engage 2nd. After fiddling I can now get 1st too

I can only get 1st and 2nd and neutral.

It could be my clutch but the cables about fully adjusted out and no difference.The clutch feels good actually.

Did I put the selector back wrong? Could it have went into the wrong teeth and now thinks its in top when in second.

_is (1).jpg
    The teeth on the end of 5 normally go into 25 could they be one tooth out?

The biggest worry is, when I bought it I only rode it in 1st and 2nd in the lane,
    Ihave ( when I think about it change gear no bother when working on the bike switched off.
    Any thoughts appreciated.

I had a mate coming to help me get it out of the shed, so quickly put it together, and then rode it to the garage ran fine only in second and now will give 1st to, and neutral.