Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

We get them between 19 and 20p each... so £9.60 for 48 typically... so yeah, that’s quite a price hike.
    But if you like the smooth sensation of chocolate in your mouth, followed by an initial soft give under the teeth, that seems to become increasingly crunchy as you bite through, but not brittle (the chocolate flavour and smell mixing with the vanilla of the wafer and the richness of the caramel) Then when the molars are released on the incised piece, the soft but crunchy sensations are repeated as the flavours cascade around your mouth in full. If that’s the kind of thing you’re after, go for it.

maybe try shopping around though... do these guys deliver to you?

http://www.thebritishshoppe.com/tunnocks-caramel-wafer-biscuit/

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Enjoy them @Sandi T. they are part of the Scottish 5 a day required foods , the only thing I found stateside is items like KitKat have Hershy type chocolate as apposed to our superior stuff, Cadbury rules ok Belgium stuff is for posers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, DCS, amazing. That's EXACTLY the sensation I was after! ;)

I'll check to see if The British Shoppe will deliver to us and, if so, what shipping costs would be. Then at least I'll have a comparison. I just looked at Amazon originally so will do a bit more research. Those caramels do sound exquisite! :yum

• Like Like x 3
  4. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Quite a few items on Amazon are a hell of a lot cheaper in the supermarkets, especially grocery items.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    And I’m quite a fan of these

84B9820E-E5BA-4DCE-9EDC-71A913E86B88.jpeg

34p each, and my kids hate them:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I tried the Sol lager it was twice the price,:)

7. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Lol, I’ve ordered some of those yesterday. Mrs Freck and I love ‘em.
    I’ve even put them on a subscription so we get 2 boxes every 3 months. :heart_eyes: Unfortunately, the minimum order was 2 boxes. So much for dieting! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    You and Mrs Freck have great taste mate:)
    I am now thinking of getting the subscription:yum

• Like Like x 2
  9. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Yes but freck and I enjoy guaranteed supply rather than having to wait for Tesco to have special offers:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Jez that just made me spit my coffee over my phone laughing you git:joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’m offended at that slur Jez, I might have to flounce off now and make an appointment with my therapist, you Nazi! :sob:

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Oh no, I’m far too sensitive a soul to have caffeine so late in the evening dear boy :joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    "(Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will announce a new “one metre plus” social distancing rule to reopen the United Kingdom, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reported late on Saturday.

The announcement, to be made on Tuesday, will apply to all venues including offices, schools and pubs, the paper reported, adding that it will take effect from July 4.

The move will allow people to remain a metre away from others if they take additional measures to protect themselves, such as wearing a mask, according to the report."

How is that going to work then? :confused: You go to the pub with a mask and sit 1m apart, until you want a swig of your drink then you have to move 2m apart, remove your mask, drink, replace your mask, rejoin your friends? :p:joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

It simply won’t happen, enough people have been ignoring current restricts with impunity. They simply won’t care once they have a couple of beers down them. I love playing in my band and have been learning loads of new songs during the lockdown, but I have to think hard about playing again because I see it all the time “Instant arsehole, just add alcohol!”

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

What ya having a go at me for :mad::p

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

There’s one in every pub, in fact more than one since so many pubs have closed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    One gig memory that always makes me laugh was the drunken woman that demanded at the top her voice that we should play some Brandon Flowers before face planting the one armed bandit and being removed by paramedics :joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    As some on here will know I’m Shielding until a least the 30th June due to health issues :(

Last Thursday I had to contact my gp and had a telephone consultation but he wanted to see me,so I drove to the surgery.
    I was sent the following day for a DVT Scan which I again drove too.

I was amazed how many people I saw who were not wearing a face covering who were stood and walking within inches of each other and I’d say most were not of the same household.
    Most were young but also a few older peeps.

We really are walking on a tight rope here don’t peeps realise or am I missing something :worried:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Seems like business as usual for most people, it's been like it for a few weeks where I live. One thing I take from that is that hospital admissions and death rates continue to fall.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    If you DO have an underlying condition though you tend to take things more seriously as the consequences can be fatal.

• Agree Agree x 7