Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Thanks Ken. Yes, the tides were rising through the week. If it had got stuck a couple of days later, it would have drowned.

2. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Boris only mentioned quarantining/testing people arriving in the UK by air. What about people arriving by ferry. There’s far more people arriving on a ferry than a single flight. There just doesn’t seem to be any logic going on here. There’s ferries arriving from the Netherlands, Belgium, France and Spain???
    Then what about the Channel Tunnel as well, doesn’t that need to be included?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Or 2.5litre :eek:

4. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    There’d be a line around the block with all the guys I know Steve

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Yorkshireman, I am so deeply sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My condolences and thoughts are with you and your family. This is a bastard disease that doesn’t care who it affects or how hard it affects them.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    So sorry to hear about your father-in-law mate. I know just what your family is going through. :heart:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I'm in that boat being treated for Prostate cancer and my booked treatment was canceled due to the virus as it can only be done in the university collage hospital in London.
    To add to that being 68 and have mild COPD and the wife has to accompany me due to the anesthetic and she has asthma i am not at all keen on going even if i could, and have to use the train as you cant park in London.

• Love You Love You x 2
  9. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    So as well as the medical condition - I wonder how this is affecting the mental status of a person requiring treatment. All the best @Tricky-Dicky we are all wishing you and anyone else affected during this 'new normal'

• Agree Agree x 15
  10. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    I copied from another group. Not my words

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    As promised, i have put forward a question for the Government press release, i also sent a direct question to MP Maria Millers office.
    I have now spoken to Maria Millers office on the phone this morning. The advice given to me is as follows...........
    Freedom of movement has been relaxed slightly but everyone must still adhere to the 2 metre rule, otherwise a fine can be given.
    This freedom of movement does not extend to public transport unless absolutely necessary and you are encouraged where possible to find alternative modes of transport. Freedom of movement includes going to work if you cannot work from home, as well as the freedom to go to parks e.t.c. but not in groups....and again adhering to the 2 metre rule. This being said, you are indeed still encouraged to stay at home where possible.
    `DRIVE` ..... as the MP`s office understand it, there is no difference between drive / ride - If it is a motor operated road vehicle. Therefore, If advised that a you can drive to say a park or area for relaxation time, then this indeed does include a motorcycle. This being said, common sense should prevail and no-one should just be driving for the fun of it as we are still in a pandemic.
    ( So the long and short of it as per my convo with the MP`s office this morning............... We can indeed ride our bikes to a destination to relax - but no groups / 2 metre distancing must be adhered to and it`s up to us as a biking community to act responsibly and inline of of what has been advised at this time. ) I hope that covers it all, and gives a bit of clarification.
    HAMPSHIRE BIKER BASTARDS - BRINGING THE BIKING COMMUNITY TOGETHER
    Please feel free to screen shot and circulate to other biker groups, as this subject to date has been confusing for us all.
    p.s - there will be further papers and press releases on the GOV website throughout the day, which may give further info on this.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    There can always be money - the govt can print it.

But as the economy goes tits up, there won't be anything to spend it on.

You know, stuff like food, fuel, medicines,....

DS

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Probably a good idea - stimulate demand, but if there is no supply to match, you simply get inflation.

DS

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Good old Keith, he was quick off the mark with this!

14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Printing money without expanding the economy is inflation even if you give it a pretty name like ‘quantitative easing’. However it all gets very interesting (kind of) when you redefine what most people understand as ‘money’ and the speed with which it is re-cycled......when it may not be inflationary at all. Yes, I thought so too......:weary_face:

• Like Like x 1
  15. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

16. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
  17. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland