Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Just for general info:

Hi All, the French Govt will be announcing Monday or Tuesday next week that our COVID-19 restrictions will be extended until at least 24th July 2020.

This means it will be problematic for anyone to get in and out of France until at least after that date.

As a result I will not be coming to the GMU - shit bugger bugger arse - and therefore not need my bunkhouse accommodation and deposit. So if anyone wants it they are welcome - pm me for more details.

Dave

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi mate, the latest news (yet to be confirmed) re coming into France is :

1. For people who live permanently in France, they will be allowed in, but will need to go through a period of 14 days isolation.

2. For peeps with Covid-19 they will need to be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days.

This appears to imply that foreigners wanting to travel through and/or holiday in France, will not be allowed in !!!!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    I can only imagine Wessa... My mom now aged 73 was also admitted this afternoon. She’s been complaining of a pain on her lung the past two days and this morning it just became unbearable. My two sisters took her this afternoon, very strict precautions at the hospital upon arrival and only one sister was allowed in and only for completing administrative requirements, thereafter she was asked to go outside back to her car. She was called back in later and informed that they are admitting her and told to leave my mothers things at reception where they will take it up to the ward. All I know so far is that she suffers blood shortage and she arrived just in time. The feeling of not being able to go there and see her is not a pleasant one. I haven’t seen her in over two months now.

• Love You Love You x 3
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I hope the news is good/positive for your mum's condition mate.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Looks very Vichy to me

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I am really sorry to read about your mom, @Angus. I'm sure it's very distressing and frightening to have not seen your mom and to not really know what is going on with her. I'm sending positive thoughts your way as well as prayers for your mom's recovery.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    All the best @Angus our thoughts are with you and your family.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Yep bang to rights :cool: naughty in the words of un-motivated @dilligaf

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Things changed a bit last days, no more 14 days isolation quarantine for travellers from EU and UK.

We have a close look at that. our daughter is still stuck in Birmingham, and we were worried she has to spend an extra14 days on isolation while travelling back.

13. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    4 years there already. She ended to like the area.. Probably a kind of Stockolm syndrom :)

• Funny Funny x 8
  14. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    So they're allowing travellers in to the country but French citizens are limited to travel within 100Kms of their home, or has that changed as well?
    I had an email from the French B&B Hotel chain saying they were opening most of their hotels from 11th of May and Brittany ferries are going to resume sailing this month as well, uplifting news for me but not sure how to social distance when boarding and leaving a ferry!

15. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    The 100 km limit is a good question. Not sure travellers can cross the country like that. The government is putting things in place one after one.
    That works for people taking flights/train and arriving near destination. Don't know about driving more that 200 km to get to destination.

It's a bit early, I hope we'll know more next week.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Interesting, where did you hear that?
    I've got a sailing on the 7th June but not heard anything from Brittany Ferries yet....

17. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Apart in June 44 we never really been :joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    I had an email but there's info on their website as well

19. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Ok, it seems the info on the website is changing every couple of days, when I looked before they were definitely resuming sailings from the 15th and were talking about passengers and staff all wearing face masks. That info seems to have changed but if you look on available sailings they have them all listed from that date. The fact that hotel chains are opening up from the 11th seems positive for anyone going a little later in the year.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    And thanks to 44 you have something to look forward too

• Agree Agree x 2