Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Sorry for your loss Wessa, my condolences from afar

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Condolences to you and yours, stay strong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Wessa
    I just now saw your post regarding the passing of your mom, Wessa. I am so very sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences. I lost my mom seven years ago this summer and still remember how difficult and painful and sad that time was. I still miss her every day. You and your family are in my prayers. :heart: I'm so glad you were able to see your mom and say your goodbyes in person.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm behind on my forum reading and just saw that you're ill, @Judd Dredd. Sounds miserable and I hope that you're on the mend by now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
  6. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    My sincerest apologies for your loss Wessa.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I notice that twat Chris Martin had to get the last word in! As my mum would say "that one would get in where a draught wouldn't!":joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #1008 crispey, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Word of warning!
    Alcoholic Sanitiser, not Dilli in the shower but stuff you clean your hands with.
    There’s been a few cases reported where people haven’t rubbed it into their hands fully or it hasn’t fully evaporated and having touched something metal that’s static their hand has caught fire, there was one who went to light a cigarette but that’s Darwinism. So make sure it’s fully rubbed in.

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I thought that the ones with at least 60% alcohol were the most effective ones. If not, my workplace isn’t protecting everyone very well as that’s what they’re providing o_O

10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    My bad! it was meant to read “as effective” So I’ve dropped that bit to avoid any confusion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Had a call from a nurse at my GP’s surgery last week checking that I was able to get someone to get my drugs for me and asked if I was OK for food also asked if I had any problems health wise.

I told her that as the surgery weren’t now doing blood test and I’d have to go to hospital for another blood test again, late next week prior to another telephone consultation with my Haematology Consultant.
    Anyway the nurse said she’d do the blood test at the surgery as her room is in the working clean area and that should save me from putting myself at risk visiting the hospital for another blood test.

Don’t you just love the NHS and its employees :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Steve @Wessa ive only just seen this thread and was saddened to hear about your Mum’s passing. My condolences to you and your family. :heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    Correct.

Alcohol-based hand sanitisers are classified as Class I Flammable Liquid substances, which means they have a flash point of less than 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Hand sanitiser vapors can be flammable also.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Thanks Nikki really appreciate your thoughts and support.. All a bit strange as we could not be with her cause of the lock down. Still we are getting on with preparations for the funeral which is on the 19th May. It would be my mum's birthday today, so feeling a little bit sad today :heart:

• Love You Love You x 2
  15. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    My partners favorite Aunt passed away in a care home last Thursday due to the virus, and the uncle in the same home also has it and is not expected to last long. It’s just so terrible for everyone concerned. I’m sending my thoughts and hugs to you Steve. :heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I'm so sorry to hear about your sad loss as well @BonnieCat , my thoughts are with you. Like you say tough times all around :heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Wessa, still thinking of you on the loss of your mum. My mom's birthday is today, May 2nd, also. She'd have been 85 today. I'm sure your feelings of sadness are amplified by the fact that it's her birthday today. I'm so sorry for your loss. It truly feels weird and disorienting when our parents are no longer here on earth with us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Nikki, I'm so sorry for your loss upon loss. Life can be so terribly sad and tragic--and especially more so now. Thinking of you. :heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep it is kind off strange. Been going to her to ensure she is ok every day for the past six months or so, not having to is causing some different feelings for sure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Sorry to hear about folks losing loved ones.

The thoughts you are expressing in your posts are testament to what good people they must have been.

DS

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1