Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Interesting

• Like Like x 2
  2. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    I've only watched the first hour, good stuff, I love that these kind of interviews are available on YouTube, legacy media just couldn't do it, I mean, actually allowing someone to talk and answer questions, such a rebellious idea.

OK, it takes 90mins, but if you're interested in something, this is what you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I watched the full 1.5hs. Not only is the guy a good interviewer, Danielle provided an inspirational and personal insight on how Chinia behaved in the early stages of the covid-19 crisis and the impact it had on America and how it has dealt with the crisis. It provides some really useful information on where it all started.... Thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 2
  4. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    yes, I've watched it all now, I think she's right about Gold too, governments are going to print their way out of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    #785 stinger, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    I cant claim to be an expert about this but.. my niece has been teaching in Hong Kong for 3 years. My sister and her husband were due to visit on 5th Feb, long before that she was begging them not to go, they didnt in the end. Like everyone else in the West they were saying it will be okay, its only old people... the replies were, in summary, please dont, its everyone over 40, you in the west dont have the first idea how bad this is...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Just did a Google search on population density, Manhattan NY density 67,000 per square mile, London about 12,000 per square mile. Me on the outskirts of the states biggest city rated at 590 per square mile. And heck I hated the crowds here. Overall my states population density is 6 per square mile. Can I comprehend this data, hell no.

• Like Like x 3
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Unbelievable! The World Health Organisation (WHO) is backing the reopening of China's wet markets! WTF :mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • WTF WTF x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Jesus, have they seen these places? I have to say my reaction to a few of their decisions has been WTF, and they're health experts? :mad:

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    We are unlikely to find out the truth of what went on, but I agree that the WHO is not showering itself in glory at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    Need a little caution where the WHO is concerned, we don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Like with many corrupt organisations, it's the few at the top that is the problem, there are many very dedicated staff in WHO which don't deserve this.

However, Trump can't demand a change in leadership, the left will accuse him of abusing his power, but a cleanout of the top levels of WHO is required, it says a lot that the top guy has not resigned for this failure. If he were to resign, Trump may change tack.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    The WHO has become more dependent upon Chinese money in recent years as the US hasn't been putting in what it had previously committed to put in.

China has therefore found it easier to lean on the WHO to get it to take the China line. Shutting out Taiwan from recent discussions when the country had done so well at combating the virus being a shameful recent example.

As the US has retreated from a global leadership role, China is positioning itself to take its place, but if it does it will always put China first.

DS

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    This is true of all countries, so no surprises......

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Just as authorities predicted, people would get together for an Easter celebration in spite of advice, and a new spike of cases. Religion and logic is a dangerous mix appearantly

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • WTF WTF x 2
  15. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    One positive I've noticed, because the chicken farm down the road (about a mile away) has shut down due to the reduced demand there has been a distinct lack of flies coming into the house :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading

Couldn't get much more vague :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    If you are already in the shop to buy food, what the f*ck does it matter what else you buy? Can't buy paint or brushes - what a load of b*llocks!
    Are the police going to patrol the middle aisle in Aldi and Lidl? :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If you want to spend extended periods outside and do office work take your laptop and join a queue outside a supermarket

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Looks like the UK has got another 3 week lockdown. Might be the same here. We’ll find out next week

• Agree Agree x 1