Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    You are right, @crispey. It is not cheerful reading but it is certainly helpful to have some actual data and be informed. I’ve shared it with others including some in my family who seem to think that our country did a great job of responding early and consistently. A view with which I disagree. Now is not the time for every state in the union to make their own choices and do whatever they like. This is far bigger than that! Viruses don’t give a hoot about borders or political affiliations.

• Like Like x 5
  3. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    I agree Sandy, US is approximately the same population as Europe, if you want to see how bad not having a single unified approach could be, add up all the European stats and see how that looks!!
    And the Donald thinks this will be over in a couple of weeks :joy::joy::joy: living in cloud cuckoo land:worried:
    You guys over the pond do have a chance to ameliorate the effects by acting collectively, hope any grownups in the White House get it:expressionless:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Grownups, where ? Here in Southern California they have moved a 1,000 bed hospital ship in to San Pedro Harbor. Thier plan is to transfer all non-Covid-19 patients to the hospital ship, leaving the stationary hospitals to handle the virus cases.

As I had mentioned earlier. They are closing down gun and ammunition sales in fear of a possible rise in crime. Los Angeles County is already an armed camp. No further arms are needed. I never understood the need myself. I was born and raised there. I worked all over the area, even night shift. Never had a problem. If you go in peace, you find peace. Been isolated almost 2 weeks. We have decided it is time to switch to online grocery shopping. Setting that up and getting our taxes paid for the year are our next priorities. Just two old people who live quietly and mind thier own business here. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 9
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Oh don’t get them started on guns!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Stay safe mate... it has been one week for us and it is starting to have an impact. Hardest part is not being able to see our boys and the grand children..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love You Love You x 2
  7. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I was quite suprized to get a visit from MY grandkids and the kids today. They have been in isolation for a couple of weeks and so have we. [Maybe taking a bit of a chance there]. They were here less than an hour and brought us a dozen donuts. Keeping that kind of thing to a minimum though. They were just checking on us old folks. :) ...J.D.

• Like Like x 9
  8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Here in France we have just completed 14 days and the govt have announced an extension of a further 14 days, then they will see where we are. My guess is we still have a further 4 weeks in front of us, before we get anywhere even close to a resolution.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    EU is absent without leave, I mean seriously, where are they? what are they doing? other than praising EU nations for keeping borders open just days before national leaders closed them, I don't think I've heard a word from the EU?

There are 3x as many cases in EU than the US, so I'm not quite sure what the WH can learn from the EU?

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    We're in self isolation rather than lockdown, i.e. got the virus and can't move out of the house for anything, no shopping or exercise etc.
    It'll be nice to just be in lockdown once we get to Saturday, which is the end of the self isolation period for us.......

11. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am "Too old to work, and too young to die" ;) ...J.D.

J.D..jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Not aware of who that is. I will have to look that up. This isolation is.making me grumpy. I need some.sunlight. This kills your vitamin D Levels. Time to throw a leg over and make some noise. ...J.D.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    There’s nothing wrong with throwing your leg over and making a noise J.D. :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Haha! How would you know, your memories not that good!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Obviously not as good as yours, claiming that I owe you a coffee my bestist mate :)

16. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Stay safe mate, and hopefully you'll feel better soon and recover well.
    All the very best for you and your family. :heart:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    See! You’ve forgotten that already!:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    If cop stops you tell him I was isolated until YOU came along. Get out of MY space. ...J.D.

19. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Like Like x 1