Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    All down to your gaff for a dump then !

• Funny Funny x 7
  2. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Aye best get there before me half ton after the curry I just made I could fill a 45 gallon drum, ruddy ass looks like a baboons oh and don't forget the rod's you will defo be needing them :D

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    This video gives a good explanation of how the virus is so dangerous:

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Too late boys - I've already blocked the bog! :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    No worries, @Smilinjack. For me anyway, your avatar is reminder enough that you may be slightly (!) aloof or at least choose to appear to be so. But I love ya anyway. :joy::heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    "Pluto's Perspective on Coronavirus"

I think I've watched this about five times already. Hope it brings a smile to your face like it did mine--in spite of COVID-19's impact on the globe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Purist may think that no losses are only acceptable, but this is just not economically viable for the greater good of the present or future inhabitants, or to preserve freedom as we know it. Call me what you will. Somebody somewhere needs to start an intelligent discussion and stand up. Shall we now discuss the standards that have been in place for 50+ years about the number of acceptable number of rat or mice turds per pound in all grain products, and oh yes this includes supposed natural "organics" which a avian may have shit on also. Life has risks. Can't stop living, hiding and waving white flags.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Still waiting for pictures of ur lass......

10. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I hope all you guys are ok. I’m currently stuck in Queenstown New Zealand, worse to be places I guess. I’ve have 4 goes at trying to get home, first via Tokyo, then Singapore, then Hong Kong, currently have tickets via Los Angeles on the 3rd April.

I also set up a Facebook Action Group called “Brits Stranded in NZ”. Only set it up yesterday’s and have 400 members. We are sharing info and trying to pressure HM Gov to get us home.

There are only about 200 cases of Coronavirus in NZ but the country goes into a level 4 lockdown tonight. We popped into the supermarket earlier today for a few bits and pieces, shelves fully stocked, very few shoppers and only one guy before me at the checkout.

Me and the misses and our best friends Mark and Julie are sharing a fantastic 3 bedroom house from AirBnB which we negotiated for £100 a night. If we do get stuck our combined insurance will cover us for 2 months rent. It it wasn’t for our friends cats being at home, I would just stay put. Lol.

pic below is the view from our AirBnB house.

912D172C-76EE-4A84-8CE1-512B7CDDF636.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    As you said could be a worse place, but I hope you get home soon

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    but only a bunch of civil servants would pick a random future date for it to start ......

From 30 March 2020, MOT due dates for cars, motorcycles and light vans will be extended by 6 months. This is being done to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.

MOTs for cars, vans and motorcycles due before 30 March 2020

If you’re not self-isolating

Book your MOT test at any open test centre if you’re not self-isolating.

MOT centres and garages are still allowed to stay open. If you’re not self-isolating or extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 you still need an MOT to make sure your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards.

If your vehicle tax runs out while you’re self-isolating
    You need a valid MOT (unless your vehicle is exempt) to renew your vehicle tax.

You should register your vehicle as off the road (SORN) if both:

• your MOT and vehicle tax are both due to run out
    • you’re not able to get your vehicle tested because you’re self-isolating

14. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    After the second attempt, I hit the jackpot. I can now poo and pee at will. I did do my civic duty and only took one pack
    D41B04ED-A624-4531-A015-467A9827D6A4.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    So pleased your sorted. My sister got a flight to LA yesterday and is hoping to be home today.

• Like Like x 4
  16. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    If anyone wants to ride their bike and help the NHS, you may be able to volunteer as a motorbike courier.

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHSvolunteerresponders

No idea if they need couriers, but you can enquire, I'm stuck at home working, else I'd try myself.

• Like Like x 1
  17. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    And then I said it's just a cold ...

[​IMG]

How does Charles qualify for a test if he only has mild symptoms and remains in good health?

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
  19. PeteZ

PeteZ Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2018
    Pilgrims Hatch
    So I take it you and your loved ones volunteer for the death, to make up the numbers, so others can live..? How do we choose, do we let the nature to decide..?
    What is the point of taking care of the elderly with cancer or other incurable diseases, is it not just draining the resources for others??
    FFS!
    There are people in the health care dying so they can save others and we have an issue with staying da fuck home for a month? Should we just close the hospitals and let people die at home, so we don't risk the lives of medical staff, or are they also just a collateral damage to this fight to sustain our oh so precious GDP?
    People are not being asked to go to war, for 5 years, face machine guns and die for their country going over the trenches or being blown to bits, they are being asked to go home and watch a freaking telly, something that even remotely doesn't resemble a sacrifice. But we are a generations that is not use to being told NO and couple of months of trimmed lifestyle is too much of a bother.
    Sure it will fcuk the economy a fair bit and most of us will feel the effect, including me, and the next generation possibly too.
    You can always get a mortgage break, buckle up and trimm down the life for awhile while the economy recovers.
    You can't get new parents and grandparents, or another daughter or son who died while saving others in the hospital.

We need to get a grip..

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    The perks of being a Royal I guess!

• Agree Agree x 3