Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Ok you might be ok then....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I doubt it unless it’s manufacturing stuff for essential services : unamused:

3. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Don't worry about the police not coping as the Army is already set up and raring to kick the fuck out of idiots.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Maybe the zombie apocalypse has already happened without us realising ...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    IMG-20200323-WA0010 (1).png

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    I think it says you can go to work if you can’t do your job from home.
    Must admit, it’s ambiguous.
    Thanks,Ken.

7. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    7E48B279-29EA-43EA-BE8E-8194CF64096A.png This.
    Ken.

• Like Like x 1
  8. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Yes but is that place of work deemed to be essential? Like you say it’s ambiguous :confused:

9. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I work for Travis Perkins(builders merchant)and their closing to whole business as of tomorrow.
    They've got to employ 10,000 people.Don't know if we're getting payed or not.

10. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Reading the latest posts, can a country really shut down without imposing hardships that many can't survive? Get out the white flags and start waving them. There will be some losses for sure, but how very many should suffer undue hardships to protect a small percentage, just food for thought. Might be setting up a dangerous precident for a yearly flu season lockdown in the hands of snowflakes. Cause in a battle you can't save them all, or everybody will loose freedoms for their future life.

Think about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Tough times across the globe mate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    The thought occured to me today, it must be hard for young ones who get out of school in times like these. I had never thought about it, but I think that is what happened during the last recession. Some of the young, newly graduated, or the ones that had not established thier career yet never really recovered. I graduated high school in 1963. Took me about 6 months to go to work. Most of the problem was not knowing what to do. Jobs were plentyful in those days and I moved around a lot. Not in times like this. Any wonder some get off on the wrong foot ? Something to think about. Makes you wonder where you can help. Food for though in the middle of the night. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 3
  13. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

#413 DCS222, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2020
    When this first started, I heard a lot of folk joking and bulling off at each other... “Yeah we could use a thinning of the herd... too many people in this country... that’s the world taking action... a bit like the 2 world wars did...” etc. Etc.

Left unchecked, this is something that will happen. Care homes full of dead mums and dads, grandmas and grandads... not enough staff to hold their hands as they drown in their own bodies defence mechanism (think of a slow, constant drown over a few days). People in our peer groups (and a good handful of us here on this forum) taken from their families unnecessarily early on their life path; some young folk not old enough to have tasted their first kiss, held hands with the ones they fancy or gotten out of that awkward phase when they think they know everything, but are really just starting to discover the world.
    This indiscriminate killer may follow a bit of an age & vulnerability pattern, but left unchecked the simple fact is many many many (exponentially more) people will die from ALL social groups... in a cruel and extremely stressful way! It isn’t like any flus that we have known, and it’s an awful way to die if you’re not in an enforced coma on one of the few ventilators that our countries have.
    It’s not snowflake to try to lock down your country, it’s basic humanity and civility... protect your people from the threat, that way when the threat is over, you can rebuild from a better restarting point.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    After attempt 62 (failed) yesterday at getting bog roll there’s only one thing to do this morning and that is to take out my lovely VStrom for his first ride in 2020. Just a ride, not getting off, not walking around anywhere.
    Then later I’m supposed to be helping a friend in her allotment. I may cancel that though.

The Cabin-feverOmeter, is getting to critical levels again.

• Like Like x 2
  15. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Will stuff that’s ordered on line still get delivered?

16. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: ;):cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I assume you mean food, I was thinking more diy stuff:worried: and bike bits:)

18. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Have you ordered some bike bits mate? :D

19. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    People can help, go into a temporary role in a super market or warehouse, go and help in a nursing home and you get paid.

But I fear graduates wirewheels speaks of it will be beneath them.

We don't have enough police to enforce this lockdown, there to busy patrolling Twitter and facetubes for hurt fee fees.

Ambulance staff getting spat at trying to do there jobs. :mad:

5x ambulance vehicles getting there tyres slashed. WTF :mad:

Older people getting attacked in the streets. :mad:

People's greed over buying and just rotten nature shinning through. :mad:

This is completely p#$$ boiling as I was supposed to be going out on the rocket today, cos I've been working all weekend fixing gas leaks so people don't blow up.

Boris you could of waited until fecking Wednesday ya complete jerk! :mask::mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Markduc

Markduc New Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Isle of Man
    I hope so I just ordered a new iPad says it’s being delivered Friday

• Like Like x 1