Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    No
    It's all the reverse. Lockdown hand cleaning, mask etc dropped the flu level at it's lowest level. Very logical indeed.

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Just in case anyone would like to see a Covid vs Flu fight... the Lancet (again, I know) published this... Hubaxe will be especially interested...

The quick read...
    In conclusion, significant differences exist between patients with COVID-19 and seasonal influenza requiring hospitalisation. SARS-CoV-2 appears to have a higher potential for respiratory pathogenicity, leading to more respiratory complications in patients with fewer comorbidities, and it is associated with a higher risk of mortality, particularly in adolescents, although any conclusions for this age group must be treated with caution considering the small number of deaths. These findings were confirmed even after we considered the constraints linked to the sudden influx of patients during the epidemic. In future, the possibility of overlapping influenza and COVID-19 epidemics will certainly also increase the complexity of patient management. At a time when no treatment has been shown to be effective for the COVID-19 clinical course, this study highlights the importance of all measures of physical prevention and the need for a specific vaccine for SARS-CoV-2 and treatment for COVID-19.

the full read...
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30527-0/fulltext

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    you lost me, I'm tempted to become a conspiracy theorist to see the life way simpler. I don't thank you..

6. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Please UK friends.. you now have Brexit, can you keep you citizen infected with the mutant stuff in your own ski resort? o_O
    upload_2021-1-6_17-46-30.png
    :):)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    James influenza is NOT a coronavirus. According to CDC:

What is the difference between Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19? Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses. COVID-19 is caused by infection with a new coronavirus (called SARS-CoV-2), and flu is caused by infection with influenza viruses.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

#2668 Tom Gillam, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2021
    Doctors are stupid, no one is under respirator, and yes we know PCR test are inaccurate, but once the patient is ill from COVID, there are several signs that don't make it look like a flu.

Whatever,
    My cousin,his wife and son all had Covid last month,with no serious effects. I saw them when they came over at Christmas and didn’t have any problem about being in contact with them.The vast and I do mean vast majority of people that catch this don’t die!That’s an irrefutable fact!
    What’s more,when rna viruses mutate,they may become more infectious,but they also tend to become less virulent.
    Therefore,I’m very much hoping that the new variant causes less problems than the last version.[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    And from that story up to "it's a flu"??

A bit inconsistent isn't it?

10. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

And they’re both rna viruses even though they’re different

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Are you sure Tom? I thought 90% of the three of them were false positives.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    GoingInACircle.gif

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

yes... my bad! Flu is not a coronavirus by definition (I think figgy has pointed that out) it has the appearance of the “crown of thorns” that a corona virus has (and is named after). You are absolutely right about that and I humbly apologise.

your post #2811 seems to suggest that COVID-19 is of minimal threat to the vast majority who get it..? Ok, but what if lots and lots and lots of people get if? Maybe the death toll as a percentage of the people who have it appear low, but it is a significant and rising amount of “excess deaths” Please don’t mistake Covid as being insignificant

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

I didn’t say Covid was insignificant,I tried to explain that flu is and has been a major killer,in fact I had my jab yesterday.
    When you take into account all the people flu has killed,Covid has a very long way to catch up.
    Spanish flu killed many millions,it was far worse than this present Covid outbreak and sadly killed many more able bodied people than Covid.
    Covid is a serious problem,but there are those who would have people believe that it’s far worse,whereas ,in the scheme of things,it isn’t.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Just don’t underestimate the virus... The worst mistake would be to have the chance to make a difference and through ignorance/poor judgement we end up killing more people than necessary. And yes, I know the same can be said of the economy... it’s a series of very difficult decisions and timing! That’s why we vote for people to make priority choices for us!

• Like Like x 4
  16. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

The economy can recover :)
    Dead people can’t :(

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Here’s the guy that co-wrote the standard virology textbook gently dismantling the UK/Vallance version of terrifying mutants. It’s normal and pretty insignificant including claims of dramatic increases in transmission.

SARS Cov2 virus
    Covid 19 the disease it causes

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    upload_2021-1-7_10-30-19.png
    Sorry couldn't find a pig.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Not bored, just reallyt interested in the differing views and comments. I will keep on reading.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1