Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Where else are you getting this huge number of lockdown violators?

If I were kept in a padded cell, in a straight jacket, I would be safe from car accidents.:):):):)

3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

No hysteria here (I don’t have a uterus) but on Monday, our hospitals Trust has 197 Covid positive cases in the hospitals. Lost 3 patients to the virus over sat/sun. Staff sickness rates of 9.6% (4.3% Covid related)

edit- we’re not the biggest Trust, fairly rural

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Thanks for the compliments. And after I’ve been so nice to you, too.

Oh well.

As for Ferguson, I haven’t read his reports and so I don’t know exactly what he did write. I do know however that in modelling it is normal to come up with a variety of scenarios based on different assumptions, which will show a range of possible outcomes. And I would expect him to have been asked to produce a model showing “a reasonable worst case” outcome showing what would happen IF everyone just carried on as normal with no changes in behaviour and IF there was no pre-existing immunity. That is not the same as a prediction (what you think will actually happen) it is what would happen IF these assumptions were valid.

The press and other media always want to shorten and sensationalise for their audiences, and may have presented their understandings of what Ferguson/Imperial actually said without, in many cases, even reading it.

Here is an alternative “fact check” of these hyperbolic attacks on Ferguson you might want to read and think about.

https://theferret.scot/fact-check-neil-ferguson-covid-19-predictions/

5. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Yes you would, and it would be reasonable to assume so. Yet you don’t think so? Are you a straightjacket denier?

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Interesting to know the stats for 17/18 Dec/Jan. Just for comparisons.

7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Too high a price so I am a straight jacket denier.

• Like Like x 1
  8. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    I suspect there were no COVID deaths James ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

That I can’t get for you, but I doubt there any Covid deaths

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    No, you would be a fugitive!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Covid has been the predominant flu in this country for 20 years, I am lead to beleive.

12. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    No it's not better in France in general. And I'm not "France" alone, I'm just an individual, whatever my country.
    Without false modesty I'm aware of conspiracy theory mechanism for a long time, and worked closely with psychologist, etc around my activities. So I can spot one from far and know exactly how he build his logic.
    So the country I live in share the same "conspiracy disease" as yours.
    But that's not the important bit.
    Now on the Covid itself, it's not different. our politician first stated "the mask is not necessary" because the country had no stock. So we can't fully rely on them. But in another hand the reporting system from each hospital, up to the region, then the country is transparent and can't be easily attacked.
    That clearly made a difference. There is no doubt about the lockdown efficiency, but more on the economy/health balance to find.
    And France is one of the worst country in term of anti vaxxer. We have 58% of people (from a recent enquiry) than don't want to vaccine against covid, depite all the fear and admitted high deadly rate we all have.

13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Metaphorically.

14. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    #2654 Hubaxe, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    That's the issue... never "believe", but try to know, or admit you don't know.

Hey that turns philosophic :)

15. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Now you are being an eejit James

16. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    so wrong..
    Doctors are stupid, no one is under respirator, and yes we know PCR test are inaccurate, but once the patient is ill from COVID, there are several signs that don't make it look like a flu.
    Please ..

17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Ah now that would be my prerogative then.

19. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Sorry dude, are you meaning to state that flu is a corona virus or that it is actually Covid-19?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Tom gonna tell you it's all flu :grinning::grinning: You ignorant hospital staff..