Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Its always going to be political.

political
    /pəˈlɪtɪk(ə)l/

adjective
    adjective: political
    1. 1.
      relating to the government or public affairs of a country.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

The problem I and many others have with Ferguson is his catastrophic trail of completely inaccurate modelling fiascos.,starting in 2001 with foot and mouth then bird flue,mad cows,swine flue,etc until we reach Covid in 2020 when he advised that 400k could die.
    Now any fool can criticise,however with such a dire track record,it beggars belief that anyone could possibly take the results of his modelling seriously.

3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    @figwold
    This getting long so I am not reply conventianly.
    https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...he-pandemic-is-fundamentally-over-in-the-u-k/

This seems to be a game of "Find the Lady" One moment its refuting Dr Yeadon, then its getting stuck in to Hartley-Brewer.
    At no point does it address the points of Positives with no symptoms being called cases, only by Government, or present Covid 19 (symptomless and dead) being counted as positive by the test itself.
    I took Yeadon to mean that a combination of test false positives, + data collection changes + counting in dead covid cases, combined can lead to a total that may be as high as 90% ( a scare figure designed partly to emulate government scare tactics I have no doubt)

Aside.Why have the government take the step of using the most inaccurate test, of the 3 I have heard mentioned, in fact, the one that records the highest positive "cases" result.

quote.
    “But if you turn up to a testing centre you’re already thinking: ‘I might have [COVID-19]’ and if you turn up with a cough and a fever then it’s probably quite a high probability that you have [COVID-19].”
    Or you have been sent or you thought you would check or someone you know shows signes ( of the flu) or you had a day off and felt concerned For the good of mankind, or it was a chance to get out the house(joke).

Furthermore, if a majority or almost all tests are false positives, then we should expect to see this reflected in the positivity rate, which tells us the proportion of positive tests among all tests performed. The graph below by Our World in Data shows that the positivity rate in the U.K. has reached about 20% at its highest point (Figure 1). At no point in time has the positivity rate in the U.K. approached 90%.

The overall false result of testing may be as high as 90%, ( scare figure tit for tat), not the test positive alone. The false positive, F.P. is the amount of test testing positive, wrongly, not the amount of test applied.

The suggestion that COVID-19 PCR testing produces false positives as a result of “cross-reacting” and detecting common cold coronaviruses is unsupported. As this previous Health Feedback review explained, the PCR test for COVID-19 is highly specific for SARS-CoV-2 and does not detect coronaviruses that cause the common cold.

ok. only no mention of dead virus or non symptom showing virus ( no not medically a "case"

At this point I have dismissed this article cos I'm making a Banoffee pie.( Busy busy.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/covid-19-how-reliable-are-test-results/

This seems to be the article mention in the first link and used for validation. And although in and of its self honest, it does not discuss many of the points raised by Yeadon.

Furthermore Chris Whitby said today that the latest ONS figures estimated that 1 in 50 people in the population had COVID. At that level then, even if those taking the PCR test are no more likely to be infected than the population as a whole, Dr Yeadon’s 90% false positive claim falls to less than 50%.

Then factor in cases which are "non-cases and dead covid on top of your 50% and you get a figure which is inaccurate Then extrapalating these figure through the course of the illness and you find a much less violent virus.

Disclaimer I am an ejit.

4. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    To be honest @Sprinter you lost me at your first paragraph. Easily done some might say :)

5. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    So where do you get the evidence of his “catastrophic trail of completely inaccurate modelling fiascos” from then Tom?

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Also it must be asked. Why are we having so much trouble at this point dealing with fundamental Scientific principles?
    Calculating and testing results. I would have assumed that these are foundations of analysis and not, up for grabs, as they seem at the moment to be.

`Curiouser and curiouser!' cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).

images.jpg

7. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Interestingly both Australia and New Zealand, neither of which can credibly be described as totalitarian, did something similar, locking their entire countries down. And in both cases their lockdowns have worked remarkably well.

I am somewhat incredulous when the likes of Yeadon claim that lockdowns are ineffective. Respiratory infections can only spread by the interaction of an infected and a non-infected person, and if these cease (e.g. because of a lockdown) then the virus will rapidly die out. It’s why Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan had next to no cases, and why there are Pacific island nations which have had literally zero cases.

The only reason lockdowns do not always suppress the virus in practice is because they are not adhered to 100%, whether consciously or because of inevitable loopholes in the rules (eg essential travel, schools open, businesses open).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

9. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Speaking of Alice ... 4EFF1D35-8751-4872-86E0-34CAE27C10C2.jpeg

10. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I drop off nurses at the major area hospita,l two or three mornings a week, and a couple of weeks ago as 5 or 6 of them were alighting I asked " Is the hospital very busy with Covid"
    They all just smiled and said precisely nothing.
    i infer from this they are under orders not to talk about covid.
    The first rule of Covid...
    The second rule of Covid...

Curiouser and curiouser

11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Season flu has been dropping for years. This is now this years covid.Happens every year.

12. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    A pangolin, then a pig, now a rabbit.. :oops:
    There is so much passion around this that it's not surprising. Just look in this forum.
    In France we have something very transparent, that avoid these interpretations. We know by region day by day how many people left hospital, how many are in intensive care, how many died, etc etc, and at the beginning I several time made the match with local death announcement in the newspaper. Everything matched.
    https://covid19.cartosport.com/

13. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Yes and still more death.. then..

14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Your privilege.

15. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #2635 Sprinter, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021

Lockdowns in this area are being stricktly adhered to and have always been so, I will add that the essential workers I see out everyday and work alongside, have had no cases.
    If lockdown works what went wrong in Spring? And please dont blame the proles because not only did they adhere I have heard of no cases among my regular customers.None.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

I admire your examinations of the facts.
    This is not a "conspiracy" This is far more human than that.
    This is, fear of death, bad choices, poor planning, politics, And self service, ambition, and entitlement, ( you voted for me to be a leader and now I am rampant). Politically corrupted science, a desire to manage, and lead us out of the troubles, fear of causing death, stress ineptitude, etc.
    Also a complete overreaction as far as Law making and suspending has gone, Which has the capacity for more disasters in the future.
    I ask myself when is the last time we were lead by politicians and it didn't turn out badly, or, we were lied to, or it cost money. Especially in this country. You sir are French and have much tighter control of you politicians ( it seems to me) and so more blind faith invested.Possibly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I do not say this isnt a deadly flu.It is.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

The spectator,the telegraph,the express,and other publications that you probably don’t like and to use your quote,are full of “divisive guff”.
    Ferguson’s history is all out there in the public domain,it doesn’t take much to find out about his failings,unless you have a closed mind and don’t want to.
    You give me the impression,like Hubaxe,that for some reason,that mystifies me,you consider yourself superior and in full control of the facts,which ,as yet,remains unproven.
    The only thing I’ve learnt from your posts ,oh hang on,sorry,I haven’t learnt anything from your posts apart from the blind faith in the scientists,your political misery and that you have been brainwashed.

19. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

All flu,to a point is deadly,the death rates for Covid aren’t significantly higher than “normal flu”.
    There’s been a great deal of scaremongering and hysterical reporting coupled with the unsubstantiated reporting of Covid as the cause of death,when the circumstances regarding the cause have been questionable.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    It’s pretty simple James. Basic science. If you are locked down and unable to expose yourself to the virus, it is impossible to catch it. QED a full lockdown will always work. As it has in NZ.

Why would anyone blame “proles” btw?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1