Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Happy Birthday ET,

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Damty right. Stuff the gloom and doom!

Happy Birthday @Easy Tiger :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #203 MadMrB, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  4. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I saw this on the internet, makes you think twice about going out on the bike if it get's worse here.

After many inquiries from motorcyclists from other countries, I feel compelled to publish my information and experience from Italy.
    Here, too, we laughed and joked that riding a motorcycle is like isolation and how nice it is to go up to the mountain when everyone is stuck at home.

But the truth is that riding a motorcycle is a dangerous activity, and in a situation where we are in no way allowed to take unnecessary risks.
    The main reason being that the virus creates a crazy load on hospitals and intensive care units and in the event of an accident requiring treatment we will rob a couple of hands, a respirator and a bed from anyone who may need it because of the virus. Or in case we come to the hospital later, we will not receive treatment because there will simply be no room.
    The situation in northern Italy is bleak. The Lombardy and Veneto area boast one of the best and most efficient healthcare systems in the world, but the feeling is that a tsunami has washed away these hospitals. Queues of waiting ambulances at hospital entrances to "unload" the people, rows of people on stretchers, and rows of coffins coming out from the exit. Burials and cremations of the bodies of those who died without a funeral, incinerators that work 24 hours a day and fail to withstand the load. A medical team begging the population to stay home.

So with how much it sucks, and how easy it is to wave it away, because * initially * only the old people die (how can anyone say that ?!) By the end, about 20% of those infected will need medical attention. Take responsibility and make sure there is free space when the amount of infection starts to rise.

With love, from the isolation in Italy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Yes...But I WOULD be concerned if all the screaming suddenly stopped. …J.D.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    My boys too and no pub allowed, Happy Birthday @Easy Tiger :party::neutral::neutral:

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Statistics would suggest you are more likely to get an injury by a slip or a fall, so by going for a ride you are probably lowering your risk and your potential overhead on the health service :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    How sick is he ..?

In a conference call with over 60 businesses last night, Johnson and Michael Gove asked manufacturers to step up to help deal with the shortage.

However, according to POLITICO, Johnson joked that the initiative to build more ventilators could be known as "Operation Last Gasp".

One participant speaking with POLITICO journalist Charlie Cooper said “He couldn’t help but act the clown, even though he was a on call with serious CEOs from goodness knows how many companies.”

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    I would somehow think there is a higher risk of requiring hospital intervention from going for a ride than going for a walk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  12. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    On the other hand there will be far fewer cars on the road so in theory it should be a lot safer to ride. Truth is it's up to each individual to decide. I'll certainly be going out on my bike. Swings and roundabouts.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  13. figwold

Dec 12, 2016
    England

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Got and email today, this is the latest to be hit.....

TFEST 2020: POSTPONED

Dear customers,

You will be aware of the unprecedented Government guidelines which were announced yesterday regarding avoiding all unnecessary social contact in pubs, restaurants, theatres and mass gatherings due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

As a result we have taken the difficult decision to postpone TFEST.

While this decision has been an extremely difficult one to make, and like all other event organisers in the UK we have considered all alternative possibilities, ultimately we have a responsibility to work together within the given guidelines.

We are looking to reschedule this event and will announce a new date as soon as we can.

Best wishes,
    Triumph Motorcycles

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    There was a car crash early this morning down the road from me when a car hit a wall.
    The 2 people in the car were taken to hospital and for some reason tributes were left. I can’t believe someone left bogroll.

44F2708C-FA77-47B3-A894-E2D8069AA6F8.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Don’t Panic

3ABE0648-F928-410B-9620-ECA225AB81D0.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Went alled in at my local Triumph dealer
    Got the same email mate, only after I had actually ridden down to the dealers! They told me it was all off but apart from that they are going to remain open for now, so I might get a test ride in next week on the new Tiger. :cool:

Took the ditch-pump and hid it behind a Speed Twin. :D
    20200317_152900.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Only to be expected, notice from a bar in Edinburgh

BOG ROLLS.jpg

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1