Comfort Seat Vs King/queen

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Traveler, Jul 26, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RickM46

RickM46 Active Member

Oct 12, 2023
    US
    Have the Comfort seat on my T120; have taken a few short jaunts into towns close by (7 miles); noticed no discomfort; however, I do not plan on spending more than an hour riding now - not nuts about doing long distance now since I am in my 'golden' years; when in my youth, the plank on my Honda 305 Scrambler (350 mile trips) posed no issues; but, that was then.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Traveler

Traveler Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2023
    Helena, Sweet Home Alabama
    I have the King/Queen seat. It also slopes forward & tends to push me in that direction as did the terrible stock seat.
    Gave up & ordered a Corbin 'Gunfighter & Lady' today. Fingers crossed.

3. Woodtickgreg

Woodtickgreg Senior Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    Don't like the price of the Corbin, and I've heard it's hard as a rock. It'll be interesting to hear your impressions when you get it.

4. Traveler

Jun 21, 2023
    Well, you can't take it with you & you're dang sure going!

What's a few hundred bucks to make the bike comfortable and a pleasure rather than a pain to ride?
    And I've had 4 or 5 Corbins over the years & have found the 'firmness' of them more comfortable than the 'mushy' seats, especially on longer rides.

JMHO

• Like Like x 1
  5. Woodtickgreg

Woodtickgreg Senior Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    Well I've had some seat time on the king and queen seat. Better than the stock seat. I like how it is a little more narrow at the front too, makes it more comfortable at a stop when both feet are on the ground. I can definitely ride jt longer with the new seat but still get a little squirmy after about 150 miles, but I think that's me and not the seat at this point. I'm older and just cant seem to stay seated for long periods of time whether on the bike, in a chair, or otherwise. So for me the seat is definitely an improvement and worth the modest investment I paid for it. I think it looks good too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RickM46

RickM46 Active Member

Oct 12, 2023
    US
    Yo Taveler - any news on the Corbin??

7. Traveler

Jun 21, 2023
    Yes Sir. Got it about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Still a bit hard but I can feel that it's starting to conform to my backside a bit more each ride now.

Corbin.jpg

• Like Like x 3