Brake And Clutch Levers

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by kevin McNamara, Apr 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dreitopf

dreitopf Active Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Germany
    Right..this is dangerous...but after so many miles and years I trust my levers.

2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I have Chinese Brembo clones for brake and clutch and apart from a slight leak when i first fitted i find them very good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    #23 Easy Tiger, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    I've never thought of changing the levers on any bike I've had. There's never been anything wrong with the ones that are on it from the start. As long as they operate the clutch and brake that's all you need The time when my levers did break, the whole bike was totalled by a blind lady driver.... Well I take it she was blind because she didn't see me. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    The only times I’ve changed levers is when the originals don’t have any adjustment, which many new bikes have now as standard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    The Pazzo ones are a better fit for my wee fingers and are nice bit of understated bling. They are also a few grams lighter so my bike only weighs 213.95kg now - stripped down racer!

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    I like a short brake lever, as I only ever use 2 fingers, but I prefer a longer clutch lever, as I think it makes it a bit lighter to use. T'clutch on mi Speedy int bad, but my Mille afore it, t'clutch were reyt heavy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Kevin, here are my personal thoughts on short clutch and brake levers for your speed triple, I would recommend genuine Triumph ones, short ones offer more flexibility, for example if the bike was dropped the lever would not snap off at the end or bend, you would probably get away with re dressing the bar end, even a replacement is cheaper than a new lever. The main point however is that the material in cheaper ones are in the main very poor quality, there have been instances where cheap ones from China from spurious companies with little or no quality control, resulting in failure during heavy braking, also the bush in the lever is infiriour. There are good makes out there on the market, Rizoma Etc, I know a small firm on the IOM that make brilliant levers that have ball race bearings where the fixing pin goes in, they are a work of art and 1 finger operation for the clutch, the downside is they are £100 a lever. Levers are a personal thing and if short ones are what you would like get them, and they do look great. Triumph were selling off loads of parts for different models not too long ago and greatly reduced prices, check it out and hope this all helps.

• Like Like x 4
  8. kevin McNamara

kevin McNamara Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2020
    Guildford
    • Like Like x 1