Blast, engine oil leak spotted now weather is getting better

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PETER CLARKE, Feb 28, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Thanks Dave for the input I have cleaned the area and it is coming from cam cover gasket i managed to get to one bolt and it was loose so others must be as well the parts are in, when feeling a bit better i will go and collect them and get on with it, i will make a point of checking crankcase breather just in case its blocked.

2. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Coffee pot on, brandy waiting to go in cheers biglad.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    Hand you notice in them lol

4. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Cannot break the flawless contract i am signed into:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    is that flawless or floorless? lol

6. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Sometimes I feel I have fallen through the floor:)

7. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Yesterday evening decided to tackle oil leak on engine, how hard can it be!!! found cam cover very tight to get out and old cover seal looked as if it had black bostick holding it to cover hard brittle black stuff, I am now going to struggle getting cover back on with new seal I have used small amounts of clear high heat silicone dabbed around cover to hold gasket in place and left it overnight to cure will try to fit back on today after checking valve clearances and engine breather, I may remove reed valves above headers and have a look at them as well.

8. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    This afternoon checked valves a couple of loose valve clearances but not worth removing cams to re-shim was unable to release fixing for reed valve housings so leaving well alone(not causing me a issue just wanted to do an inspection while radiator and tank were off) engine breather pipe checked, refitted cam cover with new gasket and fitted new factory spec spark plugs cleaned K&N air filter, might service fuel tank tomorrow and refitting the cleaned K&N air filter.

9. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    #29 PETER CLARKE, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    Did not service fuel tank today so wired in a accessory socket and also heated grips into ignition controlled fused feed and then wired a charger fly lead to my battery terminals for my battery charger so I do not need to remove seat every time I want to condition my battery, modified my rear brake stop lamp to work differently to my front brake stop lamp.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Got round to doing fuel tank service today really pleased I did it as found some particles floating around in tank, a clear plastic label and a small amount of water, fitted a new in tank filter and seals, now hoping weather will be good on Easter Monday for the Southend bash run.:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    I too am hoping for good weather on Monday!

12. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Hi Sam are you going to Southend and if you are what bike are you going on ??

13. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    Hello Peter, No I haven't got any plans to go to Southend but I was hoping for a trip up to the long mynd in Shropshire on the new bike if the weather was good as the other half is working

14. PETER CLARKE

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Everything crossed on the weather front lets hope we both have a good day out:)

• Like Like x 1