Featured A Real Love Story .

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    What a grand story…,

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @Fork Lock yes another love story and its great to hear these things in the times we are living in today. I the same we have been together Tracy and i for Thirty five odd years. And you know as God is my witness i have never ever seen her get angry. Always smiling. I don't know why as i am an idiot most of the time.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @Havit You know i follow this love story and it always cheers me up and makes me smile. In the times we live in its great to hear that love has shone through

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Great story mate, congratulations to you both on your anniversary. See,we all have a soppy side :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ajc400

ajc400 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2024
    Glasgow
    #86 ajc400, Sep 9, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2024
    Like others, I have just seen this story - Wayne and Donna, you have battled through such adversity, my best wishes to you both.

Your story has opened others up to share their story, so here is mine, a tame tale compared to yours, but told as we approach our Golden Wedding next week.

Although we were at the same school I met Cilla, as many of our generation did, at the church youth club and their Saturday night dance. The following day I was heading out on the bike (Royal Enfield 250 for anyone who might ask!) and saw her at the bus stop. Instead of going out to her friend's farm, we headed off to Loch Lomond together on the bike, the gear lever fell off on the way back, we dropped into my uncle's house to fix it, and have basically been inseparable ever since!

We married five years later (at 21 years old, imagine....) and have two beautiful daughters, who are happily settled, one here in Scotland and one in New Zealand, where we have two wonderful grandchildren.

There were a few tricky times, money was often tight, but this didn't affect our relationship.... well, except for the time I picked up a partly built kit car while she was visiting her cousins in Boston (it was free, what else could I do?), something which she has since told me was the closest she ever came to moving out. Fortunately, she got over it, although she never came out with me in that car...

I have been a very lucky guy, here is a rare moment with the full gang together on holiday in LA last year. Why LA? Well, it is just about halfway between NZ and Scotland!

IMG_3324.JPG

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Nice Story, I wish both of you many more years together. Just dont get anymore partly built cars!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Fork Lock and @ajc400, thank you both for sharing your wonderful love stories! It's so nice to learn a bit about our forum friends and to read some positive stories. And...to know that love conquers all! :heart::heart::heart:

Fork Lock, I especially loved this: "except for the time I "surprised" her when I rode up the driveway on my new V45 Magna. She forgave me after she rode it." :):joy:

• Like Like x 1