50yr Old Convert

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by L0rdelpuz, Feb 1, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. L0rdelpuz

L0rdelpuz Member

Feb 1, 2022
    Uk
    Thankyou

2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi L0rdelpuz and a very warm welcome to the friendly forum, a nice machine you have. Changing the exhaust, gosh a can of worms here, the standard exhaust is fairly heavy, given it has a cat installed (not the fluffy furry one either) so it does away with that one, leaving only 1 cat in the header pipes. There are so many to choose from and some are amazing, that said most are to order and take up to 6 to 8 weeks to arrive from Europe, even from official importers as not many carry UK stock. I fitted a Yoshimura on the new STRS in September 2020, and fancied another change, after some in-depth research I opted for a Scorpion, the build quality is superb, in my view a lot better than the Yoshimura, the Scorpion has a wonderful S shaped link pipe with beautiful welds, it weighs a little more than the Yoshimura, that said it is made from thicker gauge materials (but still light), It sounds good, however I have not tried it out on the road as yet. I also looked at the Racefit exhaust, but given the one that took my eye came with no baffle or means to fit one, well it was to loud even for me so that was discounted. Both the Racefit and Scorpion are made in the UK, therefore any issues can quickly be resolved, you can even get replacement sleeves should you be unfortunate enough to dent or badly mark it, other manufacturers don't seem to offer such a service. Fitting the replacement exhaust is a doddle, less than 30 mins to remove the OEM and fitting the new one. Replacing the exhaust makes the engine gasses more free flowing (no need for a re map, on most replacements) as the EMS self re calibrates, it does increase BHP slightly, more importantly the mid range improves (although depends on the make). I can send you a link for a free copy of the workshop manual if you think you may use it. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. L0rdelpuz

L0rdelpuz Member

Feb 1, 2022
    Uk
    Thank you for the info and yes a copy of the workshop manual would be great thanks. Did you buy the Scorpion direct or from the bay?

4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I bought it direct from Scorpion, it arrived in 2 days and was exceptionally well packed, the baffle is removable and a doddle to remove and re fit even when fitted.

5. L0rdelpuz

L0rdelpuz Member

Feb 1, 2022
    Uk
    £500 that's a lot of money for a slip on....
    Might still give the GR Moto a go as it says it is road legal as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    It's not expensive really given the build quality, some systems are eye watering prices, but for a quality product and the time it takes to make them then the price seems justifiable. My sons full de cat Titanium Akro exhaust for his Ducati Panigale 1299s was £4500 fitted and re mapped, although I think it's expensive, it takes 2 days labour to remove the OEM exhaust and fit the Akro. The main thing is choose whatever exhaust fits your budget, and you like the look of, enjoy whatever system you choose and ride safe.

thumbnail_IMG_0828.jpg

• Like Like x 1