Featured Touring 1st Annual? Scotland Road Trip 13th-18th May 2018

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Dougie D, Jan 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #341 Rich Bryce, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Well if our Scottish cousins are going to get all pickie about pronunciation, us sarf of the border will reciprocate ... that's Laaarndan and Lanz En', oright!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I'd have thought it was awight, rather than oright, my guid chap !!! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    At the risk of being described as “pickie” I’m pretty sure it’s “picky” too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Here's a wee fact fur you's - the best' est pronuncicated English in the UK, is by the residents aw the Black Isle,(not actually an Isle?), jist north aw' Inverness :scream:

5. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Mind you, Rich has pretentions of being Scottish too. So maybe the 30 minute coke delivery this evening has addled his brain for the evening.

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Southeners, what can you do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Scottish.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Nah, that's Essix mate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Theres a picture in MCN this week with a photo of a guys bike in the exact spot i've planned for a group photo:):cool: he says if you are touring near Glencoe it's well worth taking a detour through Kinlochleven, i coudn't agree more..if you are up that way you have to do the kinlochleven loop:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    I couldn't agree more,I've been around a few times and never tire of it :cool:

11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    iv'e sat at the petrol station at Glencoe and i never see anyone head up to Kinlochleven,they are obvously unaware of the road.
    Am i right in thinking you have a Guzzi rally there?

12. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    We have a weekender at the Macdonald hotel, around October time.They have wooden chalets on a site,at the rear of the hotel which looks along the Loch :) .

13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Heyi! have you forgotten?? Only 3 days to go!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

The Sv forum Ecosse section has had there GMU at MAcdonald hotel for the last three years.

The Loop is well worth doing. Been round it on the gixxer, scary as hell keeping up with a pair of loonies on a street & speed triple's. One of the SV lads caught his knee on a rock and dislocated it :eek::laughing::joy::sob:

Only thing wrong with it, is the midgies are a feckin nightmare up there, just don't stop and you'll be OK. Camped once, drank my tea in the morning through a midgie net, filtered the wee buggers out of my tea !!! Another time, there was a band on, the lead singer was getting bitten to hell on her legs (this was inside the hotel), so whilst singing (her, not me), i sprayed skin so soft on her legs !!!!:p

The guy that owns the hotel had a strange Italian bike with fans in the tail section, name escapes me at present! Answers on a postcard.............

• Like Like x 1
  15. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    She must have thought you were Avon a laugh......

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Who the fook do you think you are, Havit ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Don't know the Kinlochleven Loop but when I was at primary school we got taught the Virginia Reel. ;)
    Anyone else done the Virginia Reel ?

18. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    By the way James, don't forget your meat. :eek:

19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Do me a favour and remind me to take it out the freezer tomorrow night?

20. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I remember as a nipper doing the Kinlochleven loop with my Dad towing a caravan. We only did it because there was such a queue for the Ballachulish ferry (waaaay before the bridge was built). Dad was not what you would call patient. The Scottish word for his temperament would be ‘thrawn’.
    My vivid memory was Dad saying ‘the word’ when we rounded a sharp bend to see another caravan hanging over a precipice with people scrambling to stop the car going over too.......
    It is an unforgiving ribbon of tarmac but spectacular. Mind the precipice!

• Useful Useful x 1
  21. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Yes barriers in position now ...just as well too.Would be a good roller coaster of a road race circuit :):)

22. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Also in MCN this week MCN on tour they will be at the Green Welly on Sunday after 2Pm might be worth popping along..although I don't see anything about it when I google?