Featured Waiting For My Next Bike

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Mar 30, 2024.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well i now treated or should i be honest and say my Darling said she would treat me to the 400 Street Scrambler as my retirement gift. So i have spoke to Jason at Bulldog and ordered one in either red or black or a combination of both colours. Now on the list and waiting. And again on bulldog great dealer
    Joe

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 3
  2. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Can't wait to see photos of when you get it Joe; what an amazing gift!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Good on you Joe, when did you actually retire?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Congratulations to your retirement! :party:Enjoy your time! I hope the bike will come soon;).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Congrats on the bike Joe and welcome to the retirement club lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Congratulation Joe, looking forward to seeing your new bike. Did your dealer give you any date for delivery?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new bike Joe. I did ask for the Scrambler 400 whilst my RP900 was in for a service but they couldn’t do it as I would be keeping the bike overnight and it was needed for test rides. Never mind I will take one out sometime this summer.
    Congratulations on your retirement Joe although if it owt like mine you’re going to be carrying on doing something. I went from being a fireman for 30 years to teaching chainsaw courses. This was meant to be very much part time. Hmm, that hasn’t worked as I thought, near enough full time for the past two years now. I’ll be reducing that this spring though. Still it’s paid for a new bike, two Scotland trips, two French Alps trips, a three week norway trip and so far for this year a trip to Ireland via Scotland and another Alps trip.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Congratulations on your retirement, Joe! :) I’m truly happy for you. :heart: And what a terrific way to celebrate— with the gift of a new motorcycle. I hope it arrives soon and when it does, please share some photos with us here on the forum.

• Like Like x 2
  9. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Fantastic - looks like a great bike, Joe, and hopefully this one will be as keeper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Mmmmm until ........lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @Tigcraft.
    28TH Was the day. Still getting up at five am thinking am I going to work today. But I will get into the swing of it soon. My Son just set me up with a complete sea fishing kit so I am looking forward to getting out there. If I catch some monster fish I will share the pictures with you all. But as my Dad used to say to me ; are all the fishermen liars or do all the all the liars fish. Joe

• Like Like x 4
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @Wessa they said it would be May time but they would push it for me. Not the bike the delivery. Joe

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Glenn2926
    Yes I don't know why they call it retirement. I have been working on friends bikes and the company ask if I would like to be a fill in for holidays and illnesses not replied yet as I feel I have completed enough 12 hour sifts. But your service to the country is way beyond my efforts and I take my hat of to you Joe

• Like Like x 2
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    O'H @Sandi T I will of course post some picture. But just think I can now read all your tours without breaking it into section. As you know I am a very slow reader. Joe

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @learningtofly.
    I think you know me to well But I will try hard now to change my ways. Joe

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @Sprindave.
    My bike will glide past unheard as in my head I want to keep it standard. Joe

• Like Like x 1