Featured Touring Touring To Corsica

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Markus, Feb 8, 2024.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    #1 Markus, Feb 8, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
    We made it!!!
    The last weeks my wife and I made up our plans for a tour from Austria to Corsica. The biggest hurdle was to book the ferry crossing from Savona in Italy to Bastia in Corsica under our conditions. 2 bikers, 2 bikes and only one cabin for the over night travel with the ferry. The online systems of all ferry companies did not accept this configuration. The systems would only accept 2 cabins or no cabin. Therefore we had to book it via a travel agency. They also had some issues with the Italians but made it possible. Therefore we will ride in late May on the first day from Austria to Savona in Italy (about 900 km) and take the overnight ferry to Bastia in Corsica. There we already have booked a nice appartement for a week. From Bastia we will explore the whole isle of Corsica. On the last day in Corsica we leave via an other ferry (only 4-5 hours journey time) from Bastia to Livorno in Italy and will ride home with an additional stop over night in Italy. We are really looking forward to this journey.
    As always I will come up with some reports and pictures.;)

• Like Like x 15
  2. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Very interesting. I'm contemplating a trip to Corsica in September. I'll await stories of your experiences with interest!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Vulpes: I will come up with reports and pictures. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good luck, it sounds like an awesome trip.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Ditto as above

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Wessa: Thanks!!!

7. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Tigcraft : Thanks!!! ;)

8. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Biking heaven. And not as spendy as folk used to say. Was there for 7 nights in 2019, Calvi, Porto & Bastia. Need to go back to explore the southern half cos it took so long to get anywhere! Constant twisties and some challenging surfaces, so much so I had to back off the damping in the rear shock.

Gorges de Restonica & The Calanques standouts

looking fwd to the story (and pics,) enjoy.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Biking heaven. And not as spendy as folk used to say. Was there for 7 nights in 2019, Calvi, Porto & Bastia. Need to go back to explore the southern half cos it took so long to get anywhere! Constant twisties and some challenging surfaces, so much so I had to back off the damping in the rear shock.

Gorges de Restonica & The Calanques standouts

looking fwd to the story (and pics,) enjoy.

10. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Stramasher: I am looking forward to the journey. We are preparing ourselves for the long runs before our trip with some smaller touring events in Austria.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gordon PJ

Gordon PJ New Member

Mar 4, 2024
    Glasgow, Scotland
    One wife, two cabins sounds good to me

• Funny Funny x 2