Featured Rvf400 Rr Nc35

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by beerkat, Apr 8, 2024.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    People seemed to like the pic of my NC29 so I thought they might appreciate it's garage-mate, my NC35. 1994 with 25,000 mix of kms & miles. Owned since 2013.
    7FBFAA0C-C40F-4CC8-BF6B-44FF1705CCF8.jpg
    Currently wearing the TYGA body kit (from Thailand). All original bodywork safely wrapped and stored. I just love that single-sided swingarm.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Lovely :heart_eyes:

I keep thinking about my nostalgic two stroke itch, and if only I could find something in that sort of condition, its looks mint.:yum

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Yes it pretty much is. But, like all my bikes (NC35, NC29, CBR600F4iSport, Bonneville) it's taxed and MOT'd all year round and gets used all year round. I avoid wet days but if it's dry the bikes are on the road through autumn and winter. Ok, I sometimes freeze my face off but a 20 or 30 mile blast lifts the spirits at that time of year. And then I can spend two hours cleaning it!
    I think you need to scratch that itch of yours and find a 2-stroke. Life's too short not to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Back in the day I had a Kawasaki KR1S in the best colours, green, white and blue with yellow number backings. Oddly it had both pipes on one side a bit like an RGV and I've never seen one since with that configuration.
    I went out on a ride with a neighbour on his 750 and he said afterwards "that things got some go, I couldn't keep up!"
    :joy:

The smell, the noise, the induction roar :yum once you hit 10k it instantly ran off the clock to 12k +, change gear, repeat, change gear ...... so much fun and very addictive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Looks gorgeous and a keeper I strongly suspect. The original exhausts are now hard to find and eye watering expensive. TYGA do a superb twin stacked exhaust system that look and sound fantastic, these little V4 engines are superb and love to be revved up the range.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I remember the '91 TT, Yamaha's 30th anniversary at the event, when Honda turned up with their full factory RVF750's, reportedly worth over £1m each, for Steve Hislop and Carl Fogarty, determined to steal the Honors which off course they did. What bikes they were!
    The small two strokes were very light and nimble but sadly they were just too small for me. They never had the grunt of the bigger bikes though and as 4 stroke tech moved on and they also became lighter and even more powerful and bikes like the Fireblade started to appear, the writing was on the wall for the strokers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    My bike is fitted with a TYGA system but not the twin stack. I was lucky enough to find an original system a few years ago (before prices went bonkers), including end can and the impossible-to-find heel guard that fits to it.
    I also came across an original screen a while back, the only one I've ever seen during 11 years of ownership. An uncut rear guard (part of the undertray) was another lucky find (only £300!), plus a NOS front guard, still boxed. I seem to have accumulated other parts, including gearbox, headlights and several NOS indicators (also fit the NC29). It's become an expensive hobby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    v4 for victory!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham