Featured For Sale - 2010 Sprint St1050

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Jimbo1950, Oct 3, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jimbo1950

Jimbo1950 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    I am reluctantly having to put my Sprint ST 1050 up for sale as my creaky old back is protesting whenever I ride it. I'm showing my age! It's a lovely bike to ride and I wouldn't be looking to sell it if it weren't for my back problem.
    The Sprint was first registered on 15/04/2010, I am only the second owner, the current mileage is 11,853 and the bike comes with both keys and user manual.

I've put it onto a bespoke registration number ST10SOL which I like to think looks like ST1050, pity about the final "L".

The MoT test is next due in January, and the annual service is due in February next year.

When I bought the bike from there was no service record included so I had the bike thoroughly checked over and serviced by the workshop here in the Scottish Borders who look after all my bikes (I have 5 Triumphs).

The MoT mileage history shows that the bike had covered 8,867 miles in April 2019, and when I bought it in January this year the mileage was only 9,589, so the bike had covered just 722 miles in 4 years. I've done 2,264 trouble-free miles on it since.

I've had a number of upgrades and alterations done professionally:
    • Lowered at the rear 40 mm (Lust Racing kit) & currently fitted with 25 mm lower rider foot pegs. The pegs can also be set at 40 mm lower but I find 25 mm is about right for me. The OE shock mount & pegs will be included with the sale so it can be restored to stock if desired.
    • New Michelin Road 6 tyres fitted about 1,800 miles ago.
    • Fitted with R&G crash bungs (set of 4), front fork sliders, heated grips & radiator guard; Scottoiler vSystem; GiPro gear position indicator; Ion tank bag ring (bag not included); Garmin satnav cable (cradle & satnav not included); Powerbronze gloss black rear hugger; Optimate charger cable.
    Also included in the sale price will be a single-sided rear paddock stand, a spare seat and genuine Triumph hard panniers with colour-matched panels.

The price will be negotiable to some extent but I'm looking for in the region of £3,450.

The bike is located in the Scottish Borders, south of Edinburgh.

Please contact me via this forum if you're interested in the bike. Sprint#1.jpg Sprint#3.jpg Sprint#4.jpg Sprint#5.jpg Sprint#6.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. MightyBoosh

MightyBoosh Member

Mar 29, 2023
    Uk
    Superb bike, I wish you well with the sale. If you'd been nearer I might have got tempted....I had to sell mine due to a change in circumstance and it still upsets me! Liked the touch in the photo with the clock too, hope that was intentional. GLWTS

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jimbo1950

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    Good spot, I never noticed the time, purely a happy coincidence!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Beautiful bike, @Jimbo1950. I'm sorry you're in a position to have to sell it. I hope you are able to sell it and that it goes to a good home with a new owner who will care for and appreciate it as you do!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jimbo1950

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    I should have updated this thread sooner as I sold the bike on 13th March to a fellow Triumph enthusiast down in England. So a happy ending, hopefully for both of us. But, being a sucker for punishment, I'm now trying to stop myself fancying one of the new Daytona 660's. I should have learnt by now that my sportsbike days are long gone but I can't help myself!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ummm, some of us can relate… ;):joy:

• Like Like x 1