Wiring In Rear Mudguard

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by America2003, Oct 18, 2023.

1. America2003

America2003 New Member

Oct 18, 2023
    UK
    My 2003 America has a rear mudguard from a Triumph Adventurer. The rear indicators are bolted through the mudguard (I've not looked at the stop/tail light yet as i'm not feel brave enough). The wiring passes through the indicator stem and water has also passed through and corroded the inside of the lamp. The whole area inside the mudguard is covered with what feels like a cloth tape which covers the nuts holding the indicators and the holds the wiring to the inside of the mudguard. Does anyone know what this tape is called and where it can be obtained? Alternatively has anyone got a better idea how to protect the indicators and wiring from water and prevent the wiring falling off the inside of the mudguard onto the rear wheel? Thanks.

2. FezUSA

FezUSA Member

Sep 1, 2023
    OH, USA
    Could be wire harness tape, available in various widths and numerous names/brands. This is what I use to wrap looms and accessory wiring. It doesn't leave a residue on the wires if you have to remove it, which is really nice and one of the differentiators to plain electrical tape. It adheres to itself extremely well. Tesa wire loom harness tape is another name with similar properties

XFasten Wire Harness Tape 3/4 Inch
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B87FT2ZP