whats the Bonnie A3 top speed?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by cliverdee, Feb 28, 2015.

1. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    .. anyone know what a 2014 Bonneville A3 top speed is ?... just for interest as I can't see it anywhere and can't think I shall ever try to find out for myself! .. cheers thanks

2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Your probably asking the wrong question as possibly no owners are too bothered as that's why we have them. Eric

• Like Like x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I think I've seen 112mph as a figure somewhere. I wound my 04 T100 up to a point where the needle nudged over the 100mph - just to see and haven't done it since! Not really the Bonnie's style or strongpoint.

4. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Thanks....exactly the answer I give when my 'friends' with the Japanese 'racers' as they crawl off their bikes after an hours riding all stiff and cramped because of their hunched over riding position... I only asked as I thought I ought to know... and is the last thing on my mind when riding round the twisty bends at 50mph with the exhaust blatting off the hedges...

5. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    Thanks....exactly the answer I give when my 'friends' with the Japanese 'racers' as they crawl off their bikes after an hours riding all stiff and cramped because of their hunched over riding position........................but you get to the same location as your "friends" with poise, grace, style and the ultimate in coolness. That said you have to have pity on them for they knoweth not the grievous error of their ways.

6. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    I know a friend who got it to 110mph, and then had to roll off it, but said it was still going up, probably could get to 115mph :)

7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Doesn't achieving the top speed on a motorbike depend on loads of things such as size and weight of the rider, what they are wearing etc etc?

Who cares, really? You either like your Bonny and enjoy what it does, or you get something else?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Spot on biglad, spot on !!

9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Fast enough??

• Like Like x 1
  10. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I feel a Rolls Royce advert coming on....................................