What's going on?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Big Dave, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Nov 15, 2013
    North Yorkshire
    Evening all, I have been a member for a while now and I'm steadily realising that the forum is getting stricter and stricter.

It all started for me when Pig got banned for profanity, admittedly he does have a mouth like a sewer but this is an adult forum for bikers so don't really see the harm. I've recently noticed discussions getting locked very quickly for no reason other than the mod didn't like the discussion and banter going on.

Now a user has been banned for asking a question about glasses that the moderator assumed was spam before even reading the topic?

What's the crack? This isn't a forum that is as popular as I would assume it would be and it seems that we are deliberately trying to alienate the few people who do bother to post on here!

If it doesn't lighten up and liven up soon then I will be forced to move on and get my information from the various Facebook groups that exist and where coincidentally Pig is still going strong and providing invaluable advice to many newbies and enthusiasts of the Triumph Marque!

So come on Mods, chill out eh?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Hi Dave

I think you are getting a bit carried away here

With regards to Pig I think if you go back to the post around him leaving I think you will find that I was very much in favour of him staying and I know that CC still keeps in contact with him.

With regards to closing the thread, I think if you read my comments that I on put when I closed the thread I would hope that my reasoning was to stop it getting too personal and as I said it was time to agree to disagree and move on.

Also the thread with the sunglasses it was mistake and it was fixed once I realised I made it, I suppose I could always take a pay cut for it.. :rolleyes:

Then again it cannot be all that bad :smile:

http://thetriumphforum.co.uk/forum/f20/forum-2345/

3. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    I agree to a certain extent , it is good to have a laugh and a bit of banter never hurt anyone , the need is there for moderation as I had some abuse for a member now gone which I felt got out of hand but no moderation took place but then I never complained , I think when pig got banned it was over the posts getting hijacked or language or something like that ,I am friends with him and he's a great bloke with a lot of knowledge , the guy with the sunglasses post I must admit should have been investigate before banning but there have been spammers on here and they advertise sun glasses and sadly the mistake was made.
    The need for moderators is a needed think to deal with issues that arise in the forum, its not the easiest of jobs knowing when to step in or delete a post , I will be sticking around making a nuisance of myself ......not

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    I personally miss Pig and Bry, great characters on the forum and there in the earlier days when the forum was just set up. Only problem was sometimes they would just take the laugh too far and what was amusing and a laugh to us sometimes intimidated newer members.

Have to say its quite refreshing when you do get members who say what they think and are sometimes controversial but....

Every successful forum has moderators and admin, all done for free and in their own time. I hope any intervention can be done only when necessary and with a light touch, I for one am not planning to go anywhere else

• Like Like x 1
  5. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Keep it strict, keep it bikes, keep it fun, loads of other sandpits for time wasters and abusers...

Respect

• Like Like x 1
  6. Harvey865

Harvey865 Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wow! You proper love that Pig fella don't you! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Harvey865

Harvey865 Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Really? Did that kind of thing actually happen on here? I thought laughter, fun, banter were all members on here that had also been banned around the same time as the other chaps?

My bad :wink:

8. Harvey865

Harvey865 Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Don't forget to keep chasing those tumbleweeds too.... Tumbleweed.gif Tumbleweed.gif Tumbleweed.gif

Tumbleweed.gif

9. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Nov 15, 2013
    North Yorkshire
    That's more like it!!!!!

10. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Nov 15, 2013
    North Yorkshire
    That's more like it!!!!!

11. Harvey865

Harvey865 Member

Jul 11, 2013
    But it's not acceptable! post police.gif

post police.gif

12. Harvey865

Harvey865 Member

Jul 11, 2013
    That sounds a bit slanderous to me! your-banned.gif

your-banned.gif

13. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Well I suppose you could say that he has a very colourful way of describing things but also used to have me falling off of my chair a couple of times laughing.

I think he is related to this chap :biggrin:

14. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Great clip btw

15. KLINK

KLINK Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Brize Norton

I thought it a bit dead when I joined.

Perhaps some members have doubled up there membership and disguised themselves under different user names.:biggrin:

16. Lots of new Trumpet owners !!