Troubleshoot Dash (instrument Panel / Speedometer) Lights And Non-starting Street Twin

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Daniel Castellanos, Aug 30, 2024.

1. Daniel Castellanos

Daniel Castellanos New Member

Aug 30, 2024
    USA
    #1 Daniel Castellanos, Aug 30, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2024
    I have a used Street Twin 2018.

It's secondhand and the history of the bike is a bit of a mystery to me (acquired from an auction as abandoned).

Apparently, it suffered some front-end damage, and the original instrument cluster (speedo) was missing.

I have since discovered that the key I have works to turn the ignition key, but doesn't work to open the seat, so it's possible the ignition switch was swapped out at some point.

Some people in some Triumph forums told me that the speedo might need to be programmed to pair with the ECU, but some other online people with actual experience with the same model said that the speedometers were swappable with no special programming required.

I have since acquired another used speedometer from the same model. After plugging it in, EVERY light on the dash turns on and stays on, the indicator lights blink in sync, and the service indicator (wrench) is also blinking. (See picture).

[​IMG]

https://imgur.com/a/I2mZnZm

What does this indicate?

Some guesses:

1. The instrument panel does need to be programmed to work with the ECU?
    2. The ignition switch was swapped out somewhere along the way, but also needs to be programmed to work with the ECU?
    3. Something to do with the key and the immobiliser?
    4. Some other electrical issue?

Bottom line: does anyone know what it means when all the dash lights are on?