Triumph Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by TaffD, Jul 19, 2023.

1. TaffD

TaffD Member

Jul 17, 2023
    Hereford
    I have been spoilt over the last few years with my bikes having heated grips. My Thunderbird Storm does not! Is there anywhere I can get Triumph heated grips and the correct harness to plug in!? I know Oxford ones are good, and I have used them, but I prefer the aesthetics of the Triumph ones. The down side is I can't find any!!

2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I can only say that you need to keep a good eye out, parts for the Thunderbird Storm are becoming more and more rare. Set up a watch for the part number and keep checking, every once in a while one will pop up. Good luck ;)

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    If you can't get the Triumph ones, other manufacturers make them with an integrated controller in the handgrip like the Triumph ones.
    Try Oxford Pro heated grips or Koso Apollo ones.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Not really on subject, but I wonder how Triumph's own heated grips compare with aftermarket ones like say the Oxfords? The reason I ask is because I once had an Aprilia Caponord touring bike with the factory grips and frankly they weren't a patch on Oxfords. I had to keep them on the highest setting virtually all the time whereas the Oxfords I have on my other bikes keep my hands toasty warm. OK, that was an Aprilia not Triumph, but can anyone say if the factory Triumph ones are good or not?

5. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I can confirm that they’re a whole lot better than BMW equivalents. I had to supplement those with heated gloves :mad:

6. TaffD

TaffD Member

Jul 17, 2023
    Hereford
    I have had factory grips on a Sprint 1050 two heat settings and were great. Also had a set on my rocket again just as good. I had oxfords on my VFR but preferred factory ones. Only because I had a habit of leaving them on and returning to a flat battery.

7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I have triumph factory ones on my Tiger 900 GT Pro and they are a good match for the Oxford ones that I've had on three bikes now. Oxford may be hotter on the top setting but the highest setting on the triumph ones is good enough through thick winter gloves

8. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    These days the Oxford grips sense when the engines been turned off and so switch off too. No more flat batteries. :) So can easily be wired in direct to the battery.

9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Never used the Oxford ones but rarely have to turn the oem ones up to the high setting ;)