Triumph Daytona T595 Special For Sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by MrAliT, Jun 18, 2023.

1. MrAliT

MrAliT Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I'm selling my Triumph Daytona T595 special build. I've had this bike since 2016 and have carried out all the work bar the powder coating and paint job, both of which have been completed by local firms.

Mechanicals
    Its been fully serviced with oil, filters (oil and air), serviced forks including new seals and a new shock including new bearings and overhaul of the drop links and swingarm bearings and pivot. As a result it handles superbly and is running on brand new Metzler M7RR tyres (less than 110 miles on them). It has new coolant with the boring plastic expansion tank replaced with a metal superman bottle

Frame and body work
    It has a fully custom built rear subframe which has been professionally powder coated, following the arch of the single sided swingarm.

The bodywork was professionally painted by Paint Monkey (https://www.facebook.com/Paintmonkeyltd/) and is high gloss black with Aston Martin Quantum Grey metallic stripes (one thick and a thin offset). The Triumph logo on either side of the tank is paint, not a sticker, and there is a think pin stripe in the Quantum Grey on the lower curve of the tail unit. They did an amazing job on the paint and this looks amazing in the flesh, something that the camera can't do justice to.

The front fender/mudguard is cut down and finished with the same stripe as the tank and tail unit.

The side panels are hand formed and brushed aluminium. They look flat silver from a distance but the brushed finish really shows when you look closely. I did consider getting these painted gloss black which might suit the bike better, but enjoyed the brush finish too much.

The original exhaust headers now go to a stubby, underslung exhaust unit, again showing off the single sided swing arm and rear wheel.

The wheels themselves are the original Triumph units and have some paint chips. They could do with a refresh but the buyer can have a spare front and rear wheel that I have for the bike.

It has high quality bar end mirrors and comes with a black and white number plate with an led number plate light.

The bars are Renthal, gold bars and make the bike really flickable, much more so than the original clip-ons. The brake lines have been replaced with HEL lines, one to each calliper from the master cylinder rather than the original over the mudguard setup.

The seat us graphite alcantara with silver diamond stitching. The camera makes this look a little purple but it is grey I promise!

Electronics
    All lights including indicators are led with a wrap around rear light and led headlight. It has a digital dash and all connections go into the original loom with proper waterproof connectors. The intention was to fit a Motogadget dash and M-unit Blue unit one day so all the original wiring is there.

The top yoke is a billet aluminium unit with the ignition relocated to the left of the bike, tucked inside the frame on a custom mount on the original wiring.

The bike has a brand new MOT today, with one advisory for a noisy exhaust. I really enjoyed building this bike over 4 years, but unfortunately don't get to ride it with a young family and a house to renovate. I tend to commute or tour if I'm on a bike these days so my other bike takes care of those duties.

Bits I'd change/I still consider worth doing in the future? As previously mentioned, the wheels could do with a repaint and the dash isn't as good as a motogadget unit. I'd look at some after market rearsets as the stock ones are a bit sloppy although perfectly functional.

I'm happy to discuss on the phone or do a video tour via whatsapp so drop me a line if you want to know more. I'm in Taunton in Somerset and the bike is for sale for £2,500.

IMG_20230617_161653.jpg

IMG_20230617_161734.jpg

IMG_20230617_161751.jpg

IMG_20230617_161743.jpg

IMG_20230617_161818.jpg

IMG_20230617_161818.jpg

IMG_20230617_161847.jpg

IMG_20230617_161854.jpg

IMG_20230617_161943.jpg

IMG_20230617_162020.jpg

2. MrAliT

MrAliT Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    More pictures

IMG_20230617_162037.jpg

IMG_20230617_162041.jpg

IMG_20230617_162031.jpg

IMG_20230617_170956.jpg

IMG_20230617_171021.jpg

3. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    Very nice bike and quite unique. :cool:

I would have thought £4k with all that work but it does seem like a buyers market out there at the moment I guess.

GLWS

4. MrAliT

MrAliT Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Thanks for the comment.

I did a fair amount of research into pricing on this. There are lots of people out there trying to get the time and money back that they put into a project which I don't think is realistic. I'm very proud of the bike and I got huge amounts of enjoyment from working on it and transforming it from a tired old daytona to what it is now.

As long as someone can enjoy it, I'd be happy as Im just not using it and it's a shame to have it in the garage.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Lovely looking bike and I know what you mean about pricing and trying to get back the cost of customisation or renovation (you never will :D) but it does seem cheap to me compared to what else is out there!

• Agree Agree x 1