Thruxton Triumph Comfort Seats

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Tricolore, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    Anyone tried the Triumph accessory comfort seats for their 1200's ? Any views..

Woke up this morning with a sore ass !!

2. Hogster

Hogster Active Member

May 12, 2016
    Devon
    Not sure I want to know why, but wouldnt it be easier to lay off the curry or sodamy?

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    The only experience I have of Triumph comfort seats was on the Tiger XRx that I rode for about 3 hours non-stop and was the most comfortable seat I've ever experienced.

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    #4 stevethegoolie, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    I'm not going there!! No matter what these voices in my head are telling me - I'M NOT GOING THERE!!!!!:eek::eek:

You are creating scary images in my head, Carleton!o_O

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChrisT70

ChrisT70 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    Got one and it's a vast improvement over the instrument of torture supplied as standard. You can ride for 2 hrs now without becoming sore

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wag

Wag Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    exmouth
    It's quite strange that they fit a torture seat as standard if the comfort one looks alike.I'm coping with mine, no worse than various others..

7. ChrisT70

ChrisT70 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    Might be down to the persons build . I have no spare on my ass lol and I like to move about in bends etc, I find the std seat very hard after an hour or so in a couple of spots, although the seats may look similar the padding is different in the right place. The std seat feels hard when you press it in firmly.

8. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    For £200 I'd expect it to be a vast improvement over standard. If I could find a cheap donor seat I wouldn't mind getting memory foam fitted and a new bespoke cover made, but that would probably cost more than £200 !

You'll be pleased to hear my derrière are almost back to normal....

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Has anyone fitted the gel pads into their OEM seat ?
    Bit of upholstery and neat cutting required but I wondered if the improvement was worth the expense and hassle bearing in mind it's a no return modification to the seat.

10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have a look here right at the bottom of the page they give a brief guide to re-doing a seat

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Oh we gonna have some fun with this thread. How many ways for Tricolore to have a sore ass ?

12. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Seriously I have the dual comfort seat and Triumph really need to look the word " comfort " up in the dictionary. I have had it remodeled three times now. Lastly with a type of memory foam and this is probably as good as its going to get, it is quite surportive.
    What I have found is they seem to be more concerned about the look than function. What I have learnt though is when testing the seat push down with the flat of your hand to see displacement as apposed to your finger or thumb, as the hand is a closer comparison to your ass if you catch my drift.

13. Klunk

Klunk Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Crewe
    Here is a picture of mine Thruxton R with the dual comfort seat I really liked it, however a car ran over me when he decided to pull a u-turn from the inside lane of a dual carriageway last Sept, smashed my hip (5 metal plates and a 10 1/2 hour op with 2 surgeons , the NHS were fab by the way) wrote off the bike, this seat wasn't on the bike that day, I had used it twice so it's bascially new and given i currently can't ride and no longer have the Thruxton it's for sale if anyone fancies it - £215 new make me a decent bid. If I am in trouble for posting this let me know and I will post it in classifieds as well or something. Andy (loved that bike RIP) thruxton r.jpg

14. Wag

Wag Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    exmouth
    any pegs
    ?

15. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Hi Wag
    I Went for the classic ones as they have rubber tops which helps with vibration for the pillion.
    Going B mad Paignton today, you going?

16. Wag

Wag Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    exmouth
    Oops, I didn't realise it was this one. I thought it was the end of may one . I might , still in bed now . I bought an old xkr Jag yesterday- that needs work + Doris might be expecting attention . I'll go today or morrow though. I always go . Are you there all day ?

17. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Hi guys
    So I thought I would put my seat on after it had been given a make over the standard dual seat from Triumph, It is now quite comfy, used memory foam to change the angle so that the pillion section slops slightly forwards as apposed to backwards as you can see in Klunks picture. The biggest area of change is the back profile where the seat goes up at 90 degrees as apposed to 45, this gives the pillion an extra 50 mm of seating area. Please put on any further ideas or thoughts.

20170430_154226.jpg

20170430_154145.jpg

18. Wag

Wag Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    exmouth
    Champion, I guess ' comfort's is relative in this situation . Was bmad good, obviously I didn't go yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if it was called off . I never heard from triumph plymuff about the recall, spouse I may as well go to bridge .

19. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Ya Bmad good Saturday never seen it that busy, I think everyone looked at Sundays weather and thought we will go on Saturday. Did you know Bmad is now ltd ?
    Still think £ 6.00 per person is too high price to get in.
    As far as the recall is concerned that directive came from Hinkley, it may have been the case that your serial numbers were outside the recall so you would not have needed it. But if you are unsure, give them a call.

20. Wag

Wag Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    exmouth
    Ta, I had the letter, rang plympton, they said they'd get back to me when they'd collated everybody's details.

21. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Ah chase em up then.
    Dave has just sorted new clocks and shocks for me on warranty.