Thuxton Seat removal problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hbtandy, Sep 10, 2016.

1. hbtandy

hbtandy New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    London
    Having recently bought a brand new 2015 Thruxton I thought I'd take a look at the battery and fit leads to it so I could 'trickly' charge it over the winter months. So following the instructions as per the handbook, screws removed, pull back and up... the seat refuses to come off! It appears to be catching somehow, is their a trick or something else I need to be doing?
    I contacted the dealership service department via email and am still awaiting their reply.
    Can anybody on here offer any advice?

2. hbtandy

hbtandy New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    London
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Jeez I thought I'd replied to you!! How did you sort it?

4. hbtandy

hbtandy New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    London
    #4 hbtandy, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    You did and your advice did the trick :) Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Could you post the solution? It could help someone else with the same problem...

6. hbtandy

hbtandy New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    London
    Solution via Crispy (think I accidentally deleted - sorry :oops:). Remove to retaining screws (rear of the seat), side back the seat and with your right hand (where the two metal prongs are underneath the seat) press the side of the seat in towards the frame, whilst pulling the seat up with your left hand.

7. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You shouldn't have to do this , though, it should just slide out. Have you a fender eliminator on or something?

8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    He could have a point

9. hbtandy

hbtandy New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    London
    No fender eliminator, all bungs in place. I try it again later as intend to connect leads to the battery as I have a trickle charger. Perhaps its because bike is new and things are a little stiff at the mo

10. hbtandy

hbtandy New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    London
    Tried to remove seat again and definitely easier this time (now I now whats what under the seat regard prongs etc. Although cable sounds a great idea.