Thruxton Thuxton 865 Suspension Mods

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Terry, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Terry

Terry New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    kent
    Hi Everyone, I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension on my 2011 865 Thruxton.
    One choice is K-Tech front & rear, but this is quite an expensive route, has anyone gone down this road ? is it worth the cost?
    Any other suggestions / thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Terry

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I put hagons 2810 on the back of my 2011 and ricor emulator with standard springs on the front, changed the handling big time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Terry

Terry New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    kent
    Thanks crispy, that was another option I am considering, but I was worried about setting up the emulator, was it easy enough to do?

• Like Like x 1
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    sorry I lost the thread HA ha! Ricor intiminators not emulators! sorry difference being ease of fitting I beleive. The intiminators just drop in and dont need major fork disassembly or hole drilling, a weight change in oil is recommended for the ricors not sure about emulators as its recommended to drill extra holes in the damper rod

5. Terry

Terry New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    kent
    Thank Crispey, that's added another possibility, :)

6. Terry

Terry New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    kent
    Decided to go with Hagon Nitros & progressive fork springs, if it ever stops raining I'll report on how they feel.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Terry

Terry New Member

Apr 29, 2015
    kent
    Hi All, had 1st test ride this weekend & all went well, bike felt much more stable at 'motorway' speeds, no more weaving. Also seemed less jarring over bumps, so happy with mods so far.

• Like Like x 2
  8. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I put a pair of Hagon rear shocks (not the expensive ones) on my Thruxton recently and it has certainly improved the rear end of the bike, stiffer and more compliant without being too harsh. I haven't done anything (yet) to the front suspension other than tighten up the pre load.

• Like Like x 3