Rideout Thursdays Grand Meet RideOut

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by andypandy, Aug 7, 2016.

1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Finally cobbled a bit of a ride together. What with being away on a North Wales rideout last week, looking after grand daughters during the week, riding Tiglets route with him on Friday and going down with man flu things have been a bit hectic.
    So, leaving the Royal Oak at 9:30 am, turn right out of the carpark and follow this route :-
    https://goo.gl/maps/yRj13U6zNs22 into Longnor, at the crossroads turn right then first left and arrive
    at the Flash Bar Cafe for breakfast about 9:45am.
    After brekkie it's the A53 to Buxton
    Then A6 to Chapel en le Frith
    A624 to Glossop
    A57 to Hollingworth
    A628 through Woodhead to the roundabout with the A616
    Take the 3rd exit along the A616
    At Midhopestones turn right along Mortimer road
    Turn right onto A57
    Then right onto A6103
    Left onto A6187
    Right onto B6001
    Somehow get to Eyam - tried it today(sunday) one of the roads was closed so this could be messy(please bear with me)
    Stop at Eyam - You can read how those vicious cockneys sent the plague up north
    From Eyam to Bakewell
    Another stop at Bakewell - lots of cafes selling tarts and puddings
    From Bakewell it's the B5055 through Moneyash virtually back to the RO

Now then, now then. It'll be a bimble. If anyone wants to "burn it up" you'll be disappointed.

This is your link to the route https://goo.gl/maps/kGZNA7DY7UT2

I do not have a motorcycle sat nav and I don't have a power supply to use my car sat nav on the bike. I have a crap nokia windows phone with "nokia drive" but my bluetooth headset is not holding charge at the moment so although I know some of this route well, the rest I have only done today(partially) so I may make a few wrong turnings on the day. Please bear with me.

P.S. The above google maps route may not be 100% accurate.
    PPS We will pass a Tesco petrol station near Glossop, I think unleaded was 105.9 today

2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    OK then I suspect a Thursday rideout is not required. Or my rideout anyway. That's fine and to be honest I prefer it that way. I'm still happy to lead a ride if anyone is interested but if you want to do your own thing that's fine.

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Andy, like the sound of a 'bimble' so I'm in. Well done for sorting out the route.

4. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I do bimbles ,i have a sweet tooth too so ok

5. La Roca

La Roca Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Shropshire
    Thursday bumble fine for me.